Feedback Wanted: Preview Page on Same Tab

Hey Everyone,

Customer feedback is something that means a lot to us here at Unbounce. After all, it’s requests and feedback from customers like yourselves that help to shape our product and the features that we build.

That’s why today we’re looking for your input with a new UI tweak that should save you time when building your pages. With this new change, the Preview and Edit buttons will open within the same tab and function like a toggle button, between the two. It’s kind of hard to explain, so check out the video below to see exactly how this works.

Keep in mind, this feature is still in its prototype phase so the final product might look/function differently from what was shown. Also, as Mitchelle mentioned in the video, we’re super curious to know which Edit/Preview style would work better for you, and why.

Let us know in the comments below!

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Love this way of asking for feedback 🙂

Not sure what I think about the change. Will have to test it in real life first. My one concern is that switching to preview takes too long to load, and that switching back again also takes too long. For that reason it might just be better to have the preview in a separate tab.

But as I said - not sure 😉

Hi Finge,

Thanks for the quick feedback! We have a few concerns about loading preview but going back to edit mode is actually a breeze. You can still preview the page on a new tab by right clicking on the toggle or using cmd/ctrl + click.

We’re working on a testing platform for this feature and if you’re interested, we can reach out to you once it’s ready. 🙂

Cheers,

Topp

Hi Unbounce!

I think this is a cool adjustment but I wouldn’t necessarily call it an enhancement as this isn’t really a pain point for us. 

We love your platform, but wanted to let you know that if you’re looking to improve, our main issues with the platform stem from its’ limitations, not it’s UI.  

For example, multi-page form. We need to collect a lot of data from our prospective clients, and in order to do so, we really only have 2 options… a very long form on one page (which creates design as well as interactive limitations for the prospective client) OR a multi-page multi-step landing page… which is such a challenge for so many reasons. 

If you could create a better way to organize these pages… I would like for you to improve the grouping system in such a way that would allow a way to house those pages and not have them sit out in the main area. And if there was a link next to them indicating which page they were paired with.

I think this issue is pushed to the side often because you do not hear from your customers enough about it (I saw another string about this a couple weeks ago), but I know of a few that were dissatisfied with this functionality and as a result have selected another provider right off the bat for this reason. 

In addition, I can’t speak for everyone but our company is a little uncomfortable with having to integrate with Wufoo or another form creation system to have features like rules and conditions… we integrate with Zoho here and Wufoo and Zoho don’t play nicely. We selected your platform because of your integration capabilities, which have been working out great.

I think spending more time making the forms a more comfortable experience is so important to most of us marketers. This is where the conversions happen and right now it is so clunky that we get frustrated in choosing between comfortable tracking on our end or comfortable creation / end result.

Many of us selected your platform because of the ease of making landing pages and the more systems and 3rd party integrations we need to sort out, the more challenges we face.

I hope this feedback helps!!! Please feel free to reach out should you need more info or opinion on how to improve the platform from our perspective.

Hi Unbounce!

I think this is a cool adjustment but I wouldn’t necessarily call it an enhancement as this isn’t really a pain point for us. 

We love your platform, but wanted to let you know that if you’re looking to improve, our main issues with the platform stem from its’ limitations, not it’s UI.  

For example, multi-page form. We need to collect a lot of data from our prospective clients, and in order to do so, we really only have 2 options… a very long form on one page (which creates design as well as interactive limitations for the prospective client) OR a multi-page multi-step landing page… which is such a challenge for so many reasons. 

If you could create a better way to organize these pages… I would like for you to improve the grouping system in such a way that would allow a way to house those pages and not have them sit out in the main area. And if there was a link next to them indicating which page they were paired with.

I think this issue is pushed to the side often because you do not hear from your customers enough about it (I saw another string about this a couple weeks ago), but I know of a few that were dissatisfied with this functionality and as a result have selected another provider right off the bat for this reason. 

In addition, I can’t speak for everyone but our company is a little uncomfortable with having to integrate with Wufoo or another form creation system to have features like rules and conditions… we integrate with Zoho here and Wufoo and Zoho don’t play nicely. We selected your platform because of your integration capabilities, which have been working out great.

I think spending more time making the forms a more comfortable experience is so important to most of us marketers. This is where the conversions happen and right now it is so clunky that we get frustrated in choosing between comfortable tracking on our end or comfortable creation / end result.

Many of us selected your platform because of the ease of making landing pages and the more systems and 3rd party integrations we need to sort out, the more challenges we face.

I hope this feedback helps!!! Please feel free to reach out should you need more info or opinion on how to improve the platform from our perspective.

Thanks!

Looks awesome bring it on ! Looking forward to trying it …

Hi Gina,

These are great insights and we love to talk to you more about them directly. We’ll contact you soon!

Topp

Cool! We’ll reach out to you when the testing platform is ready. 🙂

Topp

Hi Gina,

Thanks so much for providing this much detail about what you would like to see in the Unbounce page builder. This type of feedback is absolutely crucial for us, and I wish we had more customers like yourselves who were willing to put the pressure on and tell us exactly what their issues are.

The way we approach new product features is a very lengthy and incredibly detailed path. It all starts with validating the issue, which we achieve by researching the most requested features from our customers. In fact, you mentioned…

ÒI think this issue is pushed to the side often because you do not hear from your customers enough about itÓ

… and you’re absolutely right. We’re huge on tackling the features that our customers actually want. In fact, if you take a look at the most requested features in the Community, you’ll see we’ve built and implemented almost every single one of them into our app. The Community is just one of the channels that we use to collect user feedback, of course, but the data usually lines up fairly evenly across customer touchpoints.

With that being said, if the majority of our users are asking for X feature, and only a small fraction of users are asking for Y feature, we’re likely going to attack X feature first. In regards to your specific pain points, other users in our Community have brought up similar requests which you can find here:

Multi-Step Forms

Conditional Forms (aka form logic)

Better Page Management

All of these are clearly being validated by other users such as yourself, so it’s clear that we should move forward with these. However, if you were to compare the traction that these posts have received with a feature such as SSL, you’ll see a pretty big difference in +1’s. User demand (among other things) is essentially why we chose to tackle the big features such as SSL, Responsive, Wordpress and Dynamic Text Replacement first, before moving on to the other features.

Many of these features have been quite taxing in terms of time and resources needed to build them. The amount of effort we put in to this process is necessary because we have such strict standards for testing, deployment and overall polished functionality. As much as we would love to tackle all the awesome features at once, we simply don’t have the bandwidth to pull that off. And thus, prioritization has taken place.

Don’t get discouraged though; I assure you there’s light at the end of this tunnel. Now that we’ve knocked the biggest features off that list (and wordpress is just around the corner), we can start to tackle the smaller things such as reporting, better forms, and page management. In fact, the more vocal our customers are about the types of features they need, the faster they will make it on to our roadmap.

In regards to this specific UI tweak, you’re right, this isn’t a feature, this is really more of a builder enhancement that’s geared to make users lives a little bit easier. We have numerous teams within our company that are responsible for different aspects of the builder, and the UI/UX team is responsible for making sure the overall design and usability of the app is as fluid as it can be. I’m happy to say that we’re putting a lot more emphasis on improving our UX this year, but rest assured that this absolutely does not affect the pace at which we release new features. Think of these more as complementary enhancements. 🙂

To wrap this up - your feedback is absolutely crucial to us, and we can’t thank you enough for sharing it. In fact, we appreciate your feedback so much that we’d like to invite you to some limited beta’s that we have coming down the pipeline. This way your feedback can be applied directly where it’s needed most; and help us build a better page builder for everyone.

What do you think?

I think it is a good change because it provides choice.  As long as I can still control + click for a new tab then it is only a win-win scenario.

Sometimes I want multiple tabs open to compare against a similar landing page and other times I have 40 tabs open and one more might just crash my browser 🙂

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks for the feedback, Joe! Maybe we can get you in for some user testing in the future?

I’d be open to that, Justin.