Feedback for Amna - a new tool for context switching

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?
We’re trying to grow the number of users we have using Amna. This means that people who visit our site need to clearly understand our product. Since it might be a new workflow, that may not always be entirely clear. Our product solves context switching and makes it really easy for people to define tasks and pull in all of the supporting content.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
At the moment, we’re expecting to launch on Product hunt and Hacker News. We also have

3: What is your conversion goal?
40%

4: Paste a link to your published landing page / popup: 👇

Amna Landing Page

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Ravi. Welcome to the community. Here are some thoughts on your page.

I’m not sure the headline really speaks to the value. Is changing gears really the main benefit? You know your target audience better than I do, but it seems to me that productivity and/or simplification are the real benefit.

Or perhaps you could speak to the pain point you’re solving. To be honest, I found the “story” page much more compelling than your home page because it spoke to this. People don’t really care about your product. They care what your product will do for them.

The video does a good job of explaining the functionality, but I think you could hit on the benefits a bit more, too. Perhaps start by talking about the problem. Build the viewers frustration at the current way they may be working and then introduce your product as the solution. You should also make sure you’re in a nice quiet space when narrating. It sounds like someone is doing dishes in the back in one spot.

I would rewrite the subheadings to be more benefit-focused, especially since you have features called out in the highlights section. Instead of “Collect tasks” or “Organize in spaces” write about what’s in it for the user. Why do they want to do those things? Then explain the how with the features and functionality.

I like that you include use cases. I would slow down the rotation though, so that people have a chance to read each before the slides change.

You do a nice job of limiting your form to only one field, which helps reduce friction. I would just change the button wording. As mentioned above, people care about what the solution will do for them, not the solution itself. So use a word that will get someone excited. You may also want to consider adding a line of text above the form for context.

Adding a bit of social proof would help, too. If you have any testimonials or logos of businesses that use this, that would help add credibility.

Best of luck with your upcoming launches.

Thanks a bunch for the thoughtful feedback Sean! Good catch on the video (we’re having a voiceover artist re-do it), so that will change.

We will revisit our page to make it more problem centric. Thanks for reading through the story. That is what we’re looking to improve. We’ll work together and see how we can make this more clear.

“people care about what the solution will do for them, not the solution itself” - I resonate more and more with this as I understand more about our user’s behavior. Thanks for calling it out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@heyravi

As always, Sean is on-point with his feedback!

I have a few thoughts, more so surrounding design that will hopefully help you should you decide to test!

First off, I do think you have a nice, clean design that fits the product that you are selling.
One item that concerns me is your navigation. They take you away to pages that aren’t as conversion-focused. Especially the blog page (I would remove that!)! Some ideas to test would be removing the navigation all together or making those links anchor links which drop you to those specific sections on the page.

Another idea would be testing your CTA - Right now you just ask for an email address that takes you to a bit of a longer form. Some ideas to test around that would be:

• Just a CTA button that takes you to the lead form page. If you do this, I would add some additional CTAs throughout the page!
  • Testing out, “Try For Free”, “Try Amna Free Now”, “Download For Free” - something along those lines
  • I think adding some sort of animation to your CTA would really draw the eye to it

Lastly, for your form I recommend you try testing these few items:

• I would remove the field that asks why they really like Amna - Assuming most people on this form have not tried the product yet…
  • If you do not fill out a field, it only gives you a message box at the bottom - try inline validation!
  • Lastly, make that submit button much bigger! It is super tiny on mobile - make sure it spans most of the width of the page (mobile)

I would also like to see the headline or subhead give more of an idea to what the product is. It wasn’t until I watched the video that I learned that it is a to-do/task list! I really like the feature that it collects tabs!

That’s all I have for now! Happy testing 😄

Hey @Caroline,

This feedback was super helpful! Really appreciate the time you put to click through our website.

We renamed the heading to be clear and to the productivity message.

We took your feedback and changed things up, and launched on a few places today. However, conversion was kind of poor 😢

I think we have to revisit how we sell our product and position it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@heyravi I would be interested in hearing what you changed!

I would also highly, highly encourage you to test any changes - and at a bare minimum for one week (my rule of thumb is to stick to two weeks and most experiments run much longer than that to reach statistical confidence)!

Hey Caroline!

Thanks for asking. And now that I’m re-reading, I might have misinterpreted some of your feedback.

Just a CTA button that takes you to the lead form page. If you do this, I would add some additional CTAs throughout the page!

Ah got it! I didn’t read this right the first time. I think we kept the email because it autofills the next form. But totally makes sense. This will help draw more attention as a sole button probably. I’ll do it!

Testing out, “Try For Free”, “Try Amna Free Now”, “Download For Free” - something along those lines

We added this! Our button text has this.

I think adding some sort of animation to your CTA would really draw the eye to it

Wasn’t super sure how to do this. We changed the background color. And maybe I’m confused by CTA. Are you referring to the email input in the navbar, the top, or the bottom. And maybe that might be it? The bottom one has a new background color.

I would remove the field that asks why they really like Amna - Assuming most people on this form have not tried the product yet…

I’ve reworded this. So it captures why they’re excited. We actually get really cool responses here because it constantly tells us that this problem is something people are signing up for, and what they suffer from. It’s actually optional, but not labeled as such.

If you do not fill out a field, it only gives you a message box at the bottom - try inline validation!

Agreed! We didn’t do this due to time constraints.

Lastly, make that submit button much bigger! It is super tiny on mobile - make sure it spans most of the width of the page (mobile)

Done! It should be much larger now. But another thing is that we’re selling a desktop app, and when it comes to downloading and on mobile, there is a loss in our funnel. They do get an email though with the link.

I want to make the messaging more clear. We took Scott’s feedback and really made these points around the pain points, which resonate. But I think our solution is unclear, because what this really is a workflow of sorts. And so I went through and added a see video tag everywhere.

Hi Ravi!

Chiming in a little late but here’s what I think could be improved in addition to what Caroline and Sean suggested (great suggestions btw!)

I think you should have consistent copy for all CTAs on the page. For instance, ‘Try for free’ and ‘Download now’ seem like two different CTAs when they both take the visitor to the same form to fill in.

Also, IMO you can really work some more on the USP in the hero section. Just flesh it out a bit more. Ask questions like ‘Stop jumping around… but so what?’ and you’ll find yourself digging deeper into the real value your product provides.

As Sean suggested, bring some social proof on the page that will really make it more compelling and hopefully help increase conversions.

And finally, asking the ‘So what?’ question for each of the subheads will also help you address these pain points more effectively by tapping deeper into them.

That’s really all from me.

All the best! 🙂

Hi Komal!

Thanks for taking a look!! I think you’re spot on with the “so what”.

I’m going to work on in the website more in the upcoming week, and I’ll post back with some major updates.

We have more people using it today, and I have more credibility quotes to post and back up our claims. Appreciate the review

Hey Ravi,

No worries at all!

Now that you have more traffic coming to the website, I’ll also suggest plugging in some on-site polls to glean valuable VOC data. Reach out to some of your more loyal customers to see if they’re willing to talk to you about the product and design short case studies out of the interviews as well as discover new use cases. These can be amazing for a product like Amna.

Cheers!

Hey All! I just wanted to thank you guys so much for the time you spent passing feedback earlier. I found it so valuable.

I’m planning on launching again, and I want it to go great! I broke up the previous landing page from multiple pages to a longer page. I found this is waay easier to maintain.

I also wanted to make it read better, and added better testimonials and brand boosts. It builds to downloading the product. Hopefully the CTA to “Download” is clear on this one.

I’d love to get your thoughts on:

• Any open questions you still have after reading the website
  • Is it okay to defer things for later (e.g. read letter)
  • Overall thoughts

At the end of each blog post is also a clearer CTA.

(assume that the download button immediately starts downloading. It’s still on an older version for now) Our lead capturing is done in the app. So I just want to push folks to download.