Facebook Pixel Issue

• 13 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well during difficult times! Please Be safe and healthy!

Now, I want to describe my problem with Facebook Pixel. For me, it is like a WAR! I spend two days trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my FB Pixel.

Facebook Pixel Helper keeps giving me the same error: “We detected event code but the pixel has not activated for this event, so no information was sent to Facebook. This could be due to an error in the code, but could also occur if the pixel fires on a dynamic event such as a button click”

I tried to:
Remove Facebook Pixel Helper from Google Browser and Install it again
(DIDN’T HELP)

Readd Facebook Pixel to my website ( DIDN’T WORK)

I Een tried to restart my loptop, that didn’t work obviously. Should I remove a dust from my screen if it is there? ))

2 replies

hi Argyn! Troubleshooting a fb pixel can send a person down a rabbit hole for sure!

I would only suggest 2 things, without digging any deeper:

1. clear your browser history
  2. make sure the fb pixel is the very last javascript code on your website.

Currently you seem to have about 4 other scripts, followed by Google Analytics script, then the fb pixel, and 2 other ones after that. Try moving the fb pixel to the end of the line. Then clear your browser history again.

That’s about all I can think of.

Hey Argyn,

I would recommend installing a fresh Google Tag Manager container via Unbounce Script Manager, and managing and testing all of our Pixel / Conversion deployment through Google Tag Manager.

Generally this makes it much easier to test how and when your tags are firing on your UB page!

Hope this helps.