Examples of WordPress sites utilizing power of Unbounce?

Hi everyone - my name is CT & I’m brand new to Unbounce. I heard about it awhile back but hadn’t dipped my toes in until now…taking the plunge :wink:

I currently work for an advertising agency that is starting to do a lot more digital campaigns in 2017. We manage 80+ WordPress websites & use premium themes to create those sites. There can sometimes be extra code/files put into WP themes that make them less than stellar from a site speed perspective.

I’d love to see some real life examples of WP sites that are utilizing the power of Unbouce & how they perform from a speed perspective. I’ve been doing research on landing pages & the importance of speed keeps showing up. I believe that will only grow stronger as the months & years go by.

Thanks for any insight you may have!
-CT

Hey CT,

Welcome to the world of Unbounce! It’s awesome to hear you’re going to take the plunge. The first time I started using Unbounce, I was also working at an agency. Haven’t looked back since. You won’t regret it.

As for your question, it really depends on the pages you build. I have found that Unbounce pages can be extremely fast, as long as they are built with best practices in mind. If you try loading them up with 20+ scripts and super large images, well yeah, it’s going to slow down. But the same can be said for WordPress. It’s all about how you use the tools.

What I love about the WordPress integration is that you can have your domain match from your WordPress site to your Unbounce pages. No need for a subdomain. It’s really the main advantage to the WordPress integration. Other than that, your Unbounce pages and your WordPress pages are in separate worlds.

What I find to be helpful when using Unbounce and WordPress together is to try to match the look and feel of your WordPress theme as much as possible, but to strip out all of the unnecessary stuff that would hurt conversions. In other words, try to match your header design, but strip out the navigation. Try to match your font styles, but maybe take out the sidebar content if you have a 2-collumn site.

What Unbounce allows you to do is deliver an experience to visitors that is very similar in design to your main (WordPress) site, but much more focused and optimized for conversions.

To give a quick example of this, my main site uses WordPress. It can be seen here. And then for conversion-focused landing pages I use Unbounce (via the WordPress integration). A sample page can be seen here. Hope that gives you an idea. But of course, you’re only limited by your imagination as to how much you can customize your own pages.

Let us know how everything goes as you continue to explore the product.

Thank you very much, Nicholas!

You hit it right on the head - I want my landing pages to have that same look & feel as the actual site. Here’s a client’s site we designed seider.com & a landing page I created within WP for them (not using Unbounce) here. We’re still waiting for the offer but b/c they are using a high-end, premium WP theme, it allows me a lot of flexibility/freedom to create the page.

We have some clients using very old themes though (some that the dev’s don’t even support) so I’m thinking Unbounce would be great to connect to their sites & let me create some awesome landings pages.

-CT

Any time! Yeah, looking at that site, I think you’d be able to create an Unbounce page to match the look and feel pretty easily. And you’d probably find that you have more flexibility doing it through Unbounce than with WordPress. And once you get the template done, you can just replicate and edit it as needed.

Hi CT,

Need examples? My agency site is built on Wordpress. Landing pages like this one and this one are with Unbounce.

But I have to say more…

In the 14 years I’ve been in business, I’ve checked out every other CMS option there is, considered pure HTML/CSS models, and been back and forth with these choices countless times. Working for myself and then working for clients, deciding the best CMS for me and for my clients – it’s a never-ending thing even today.

Wordpress is easy, until it’s not. Wordpress works unless you screw it up. Wordpress is fast, if you care for it. Wordpress is safe, if you take care of it. Wordpress is easy, if you learn to use it well.

I can say that for Unbounce too.

As @Nicholas puts it:

It’s really about staying ahead of the curve and working your way out of possible problems that either of the platforms (Wordpress and/or Unbounce can throw at you).

What you do get is (if you did everything right to begin with):

Wordpress

• Tons of options with design, hosting, and help when needed.

• Ease of use and the speed of deployment.

• Customizability.

Unbounce

• I’ve tried out the competition – every single tool out there (and I won’t name any here). But you can bet on my landing pages, I did. Nothing comes close to the extreme customization options and the terrific drag-and-drop builder that Unbounce has.

• The integrations: Ask me how many calls I’ve had to make to clients just trying to convince them that Unbounce can practically sit right inside their existing workflow. Add tools like Zapier to the mix, and there’s virtually nothing that you can’t do with Unbounce + [Whatever the heck it is that you want to use]

• A/B Testing: I am a marketer. I can’t even wake up and have breakfast without putting every single page I ever build out for A/B testing. I just have to know which page is working better, and I want the visitors to automatically make that decision for me. Unbounce allows for A/B testing right out of the bat.

My clients are spending $6000+ per month on all kinds of PPC advertising, and they have no clue why their campaigns don’t work as well as they should.

You know why they aren’t making progress? Because they don’t test. Their crap looking HTML landing pages aren’t positioned for A/B testing and that’s hurting them, as I write this.

Wordpress + Unbounce = Godsent.

Hey @ctimagemake!

Just wanted to check in to see how taking the plunge went? Did you get any landing pages set up in WordPress? We now have over 125 WordPress-ready templates if you’re looking for a place to get started.

Let me know what you have so far! I’d love to take a look. :slight_smile: