Solved

Embedding eloqua forms

• 10 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

I’m attempting to embed an Eloqua form in to a lightbox… The form embeds correctly but once i submit the details I need the form confirmation dialogue box to appear with the ‘thank you’ message.

I have no idea how to configure this or if it’s even possible - could any help me with this?

Thanks,
Steve

icon

Best answer by Hristian 11 September 2019, 07:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @SteveDWTC,

When you say the “form confirmation dialogue box”, do you mean the one you create in Unbounce?

Since the form is embedded the post form completion action is usually set in the form builder. In your case that would be Eloqua.

You should have an option to redirect upon form completion. (You might have to create a separate “Thank You” page for that)

Best,
Hristian

Userlevel 1

Hi Hristian,

RE ‘form confirmation…’, yes I’m referring to the one created in UB.

Excuse my ignorance here. So you’re saying it would flow like this:

1. Lands UB landing page
  2. Clicks button and opens UB light box
  3. Fills Eloqua form on UB landing page
  4. Redirected from UB to Eloqua ‘thank you’ page
  5. The end

Is it possible to insert the UB confirmation box there instead?

Thanks,
Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @SteveDWTC,

You pretty much got it right except for step 4 it doesn’t have to be an Eloqua “Thank You” page. It can be any page including a dedicated Unbounce page.

As far as opening up a UB confirmation instead of redirecting, I don’t think it’s possible.
Rather, it might be a lot of custom coding to try to bring up a confirmation box for a 3rd party form. Simply not worth the effort.

Best,
Hristian

Userlevel 1

Thank you!

I’ve tried doing this and once I’ve submitted the lightbox just turn white and nothing happens. Is there something specific i need to configure in unbounce or do I need to do this in the code?

Steve

Userlevel 1

I did it! Thanks, Hristian!