Solved

Email validator works on landing page, but data gets sent to Hubspot anyway

• 10 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone, I hope that someone will be able to provide some help. We’ve got landing pages with a multi-step (technically, multi-page) form. The form field on the last step includes email. We use email validation code to prevent generic email accounts from being used. The issue that we’re having is that while the email validator works in the landing page interface (if I use a gmail account, it will not let me submit the form, and returns an error message), the form data actually gets passed to Hubspot, which we’ve integrated with Unbounce. Has anyone run into this before? Any advice would be much appreciated!

icon

Best answer by brandonh 22 June 2021, 20:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @brandonh can you share a link to the page? And when you say multi-page, is there a reason you’re not using the script to create a multi-step form on the same page?

[How To] Add A Multi-Step Form 2.0

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @brandonh,

Based on your description, it sounds like you are not actually stopping the form submission until the check comes back.

Best,
Hristian

Hi Hristian, the behavior seems to indicate that. What can/should I do to fix this? Here’s a link to the form page (I simplified the form, and went back to a single form page), where the behavior still exists. I’d appreciate any advice from you or @Zoe_Tattersall ! Thank you1

https://learn.hackedu.com/secure-coding-training/custom-demo-form/

Leaving this here for future reference. The fix was simple enough, but finding it took a while 🙂 You need to turn off this setting in Hubspot forms