Disable popup if form already completed

• 10 November 2018
  • 4 replies

My landing page has:

• a form for collecting leads, which after completion, shows the default confirmation popup
  • an exit intent popup (reminds user to complete the form)

How can I disable that exit intent popup, if the regular form was already completed?

4 replies

Badge

Did anyone find an answer to this? This really should be a feature of the on-exit popup. I don’t want to create a separate URL for every confirmation page.

Rellay want to know that as well. This is annoying for users that completed the form, exit the page and still get a pop up to do something they ahve already completed seconds ago

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Ok, so if the form is in the popup itself, it won’t show up again if it was filled out. (I believe that is default behaviour)

If you are talking about a form that is not in the popup but in the regular landing page, then it gets a bit tricky, but impossible is nothing right? 🙂

What I would is this:

1. Install Google Tag Manager
  2. Place the Unbounce tag in the container
  3. Don’t use a confirmation popup but a thank you page.
  4. Now only trigger the unbounce tag if the visitor has not visited the thank you page.

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I am talking about an exit intent pop up. If someone did not fill out the form on the page, I show them a pop up. But if they already filled out the on-page form it’s a mess if they already got the confirmation pop-up but still get “harassed” by the optuion to download what they already did.

Would be great if there was a standard option by Unbounce as I do not use a separate thank-you page. I thought there was a hidden URL for the confirmation pop-up.