Different goals depending on type of form fill?

• 23 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello All,

Hopefully this is the right forum for this question!

I am trying to track (in Google Analytics), two different goals dependant on what the user selects from the drop-downs on our landing page form.

There are a few different options, but essentially I want one goal in Google Analytics for all users who select that they “own their home”, and another goal for anyone else.

This would need to be captured by an event, meaning something would have to be pushed identifying what the user has inputted (I think).

Does anyone know if this is possible on Unbounce? I was thinking it might be with a script, but still unsure.

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @conor_unbounce_2020,

The short answer to your question is that it should be possible to set it up through GTM.

However, you have to keep in mind that not everyone who interacts with your form is going to actually submit it.

So you might be better off tracking actual form submits and firing the goal only if the form is submitted.

The actual setup and scripts would depend on your particular setup (GA and GTM).

Best,
Hristian

Badge +1

Exactly. Like Hristian said, there could be several different ways to do this.

Here is the simplest way by using just Google Analytics (no GTM)

1. In Unbounce, pass the form fields data to your thank you page.
  2. In the thank you page URL, note the key and value for “own their home” selection.
  3. Go to GA. Set up a destination goal that matches regular expression. Write the regular expression for “own their home” value… Next, set up another goal and rewrite the regex. Only this time, it will exclude that value.

You’ll be good to go 😉