Custom CSS - make drop down field identical to fields above

• 17 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

I am trying to get the drop down field to have the identical colouring as the fields above - please see screenshot. -

The form field settign are as follows - but Unbounce doesn’t mimic this with my drop-down menu and there isn’t a way to easily edit these styles - I am no coder so reaching out to see if anyone is able to create a code to produce identical field setting for the “Job Role” field.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @jhuman,

You can achieve this will a little CSS.

Here is an example to change the style for a dropdown field in the form:

#lp-pom-form-91 .lp-pom-form-field select {
    background-color: #ffffff !important;	
    border-radius: 20px !important;
    font-family:'Istok Web'!important;
    font-weight: 300 !important;
    color: #666666;
    font-size: 11px !important;
    letter-spacing: 1px !important;
}

You of course would need to change the element’s ID to match your form. If you are trying to change text fields, it is just a little different.
Feel free to PM me if you need additional assistance!

Enjoy 🙂

what would this CSS be is I wanted to change the text field backgrounds? The other forums I’ve found haven’t worked

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Brandon_Christensen,

You can change the background of a text field in the editor without CSS. When you are in the form properties panel, it is under field attributes.

Feel free to post a link to your page if you are still needing help!

Hi everyone!

@Caroline
This was of great help, but there is still one more point I am having hard time with.

This is:

When a required field is filled the form background color and the font color change. Even though we have matched the colors, after choosing the information on the dropdown (also a required field), it doesn’t change colors. So at the end, the dropdown doesn’t match the others.

Thank you,

Badge

Hey Caroline,

This is a couple of years late, haha but I was wondering if you could still help me?

I’m using your CSS script but it doesn’t seem to be working.

<style>
 #lp-pom-form-35 .lp-pom-form-field select {
    background-color: #F7F7F7 !important;	
    border-radius: 20px !important;
    font-family:'DM Sans'!important;
    font-weight: 300 !important;
    color: #666666;
    font-size: 11px !important;
    letter-spacing: 1px !important;
}
</style>

I’d simply like to change the field background colour for the drop-downs in my form.

Let me know!

Best,
Miles