📈 Critique my Electrician landing page!

• 30 August 2017
  • 7 replies

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve? Give as much detail as possible
I am trying to construct the best possible landing page (traffic from adwords) to convert cold visitors into phone calls and form submits. This is a local business.

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Via Adwords. I’ve got some dynamic text in there to attempt to tailor the messaging.

3: What is your conversion goal?
I would like to get this thing converting at 20%. Currently it’s about half that.

4: Provide a link to your published landing page / convertable:
ex. http://www.landingpage.com/

http://walshelectricservices.com/

7 replies

Hey @WebSearchROI! Welcome to the Community. 🙂 :spinbounce:

I think you’re off to a great start. In fact, you’ve already implemented a number of the things I would usually recommend, such as click-to-call buttons on mobile, testimonials, trust accreditations and clear calls-to-action.

I’ve pulled together some recommendations for you below (click to expand them).

1. How are you tracking conversions?

It looks like you have a button that leads to a form from Typeform. Are you tracking a conversion as a button-click, or as a form submit? And where are you tracking this?

2. Click-to-Call

On that note, how are you tracking your conversions for click-to-call? Have you considered using a service such as CallRail? Our friend @Mark_Sullivan would be happy to answer any questions you might have on this topic.

3. Fixing the background image

From a design perspective, you could optimize the placement of your background image. On large monitors, you can’t really tell what the background image is until you resize your window.

background

To fix this just set the position of the image to bottom-center in the advanced properties panel.

fix

4. Tweak the alignment of the main call-to-action

I would also align the call-to-action to be vertically center aligned (just my opinion).

center

5. Dynamic Text Replacement

You mentioned using Dynamic Text Replacement to custom tailor the messaging. Can you let me know what text areas you’re using DTR with? How does this align with your AdWords ads?

Industry leading conversion pro @Joe_Savitch from Altos Agency is currently tinkering with a hyper-custom landing page that pushes DTR to the extremes, including Dynamic Image Replacement. I’m sure he’d be happy to share if you message him. 😉

6. Add a real, interactive 100% width google map

Having a map on your page is a great way to visually demonstrate your locality, but since you’re using a static image, it’s difficult to tell where exactly that location is.

Our support guru @Paul_Unbounce whipped up this fancy script that allows you to create interactive 100% Width Google Map Page Sections. The best part is that they remain static until they are intentionally clicked, so they don’t interrupt the visitors flow. This way your visitors will be able to fully understand where Walsh Electric is located.

maps

7. Hyper-targeted pages for each sub-service

This landing page seems to be a catch-all for hiring an Electrician, but perhaps you could try creating specific ads & landing pages that are tailored to certain sub-services as instead?

Looking at what this Electrician offers, you could feasibly create tailored ads and landing pages for:

• Motor Controls & Service
  • Infrared Thermal Imaging
  • Bucket Truck Lighting Service
  • etc.

We interviewed @Andrew from Workshop Digital in a recent Unbounce blog post on this topic:

“Virginia-based digital agency Workshop Digital did it. They were able to test their way up to 20-22% conversion rates — four times the leads their client was getting prior — without driving more traffic, but instead by allocating resources to the post-click experience.”

Also, our good friend @Stefano at Webistry uses a similar methodology. They created hyper-targeted landing pages for every single service offered by his dentistry client — from Invisalign to emergency services to root canals.

Now, if a prospect searches and clicks on a text ad for “laser teeth whitening", they land on a page that addresses their search intent and reinforces they’ve made “a good click".

See Adwords Ad

webistry-laser-teeth-whitening-ad

See Landing Page

They have used this tactic on many service based offerings, such as medical, contractors and more.

I hope this helps, @WebSearchROI! Can’t wait to see how high your conversion rates can go! 📈

Wow Justin, fantastic feedback! Thank you so much for taking such a detailed look at this.

1. I am tracking form submits inside of Typeform, but I agree I need to do this in unbounce as well - especially when I get a 2nd variation of my page for testing.

2. Yes I use callrail currently 🙂

3. Thanks great suggestion I will implement

4. Agreed

5. I am using single keyword ad groups so that the headline (“Looking for Local, Trusted Electricians”) updates according to the keyword that was searched. the keywords have the longtail location so if someone searches for “Electrical contractors in Alexandria VA” that is what the headline will be and also a bit further down the page in a sub headline there is a similar change happening.

@Joe_Savitch I would love to connect to hear about the hyper custom landing page, I aim to move in that direction as well. Can I message you Joe?

1. Good suggestion

2. I’m hoping to just have 1 landing page and the sub services are included in the DTR if possible. I have many thousands of SKAGs via an upload template i made last week (I am still new to Adwords but have done reading about these and have good excel skills from my former work life I just quit so this is a WIP but would prefer to handle the search variations on the adwords side not create multiple landing pages). Trying to keep it streamlined to start at least 🙂

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

Austin

Perfect!

It sounds like you’re heading in the right direction then. Really curious to see where these changes take you. Can you keep us updated with future iterations of the page? 😃

of course!

I would suggest testing two things:

1 - try a standard form - name, telephone number - make it really easy for people to fill it in - (do you need to know exactly what it is - you will call them anyway?). By using a standard form, people can see how short / easy it is.
2 - put this line, currently right at the bottom of your page “We Have Same-Day Field Electricians Daily Throughout:
Northern Virginia, D.C. and Maryland”

Right at the top and prominent. You say local - what i would be thinking is - local to where? the above line removed any doubt and is a key criteria for finding an electrician (do they cover my area)

Hey @WebSearchROI

Feel free to DM me and I can talk to you more about my FrankenDKI setup. I wasn’t sure how I came up in this thread until I expanded the accordions… Nice trick @Justin

I’m heading out for a couple of days and most likely will not be checking email. But please DM me and I can explain further.

Best,
Joe

doing now thanks @Joe_Savitch