Countdown Timer

Dear Hrisrtian

I suspect that dropbox cannot execute it since it is not ruuning under a web server, etc

If we upload them to unbounce, where we upload them? so we should uploaded to our web page that is using a regular web server. 

Have you integrated a countdown timer in outbounce that is not an html widget but a jquery one? Which one have you installed?

Thanks

Hi Oscar, 

Unbounce doesn’t offer hosting for external files. You’ll need to upload the scripts to a server you control. 

Also, HTML is the markup while jQuery is basically a JavaScript library that helps implement common functions.
You need both HTML and jQuery/JavaScript to actually make your countdown timer function properly. 

Any developer should be able to help you set up everything in a matter of minutes.

Best,
Hristian

Update on my previous comment… we now use this tool for embedding a countdown timer on our Unbounce landing pages: http://countingdownto.com/

Just fyi/sharing the love.

Just wanted to give an update here: 

While this could probably be achieved with some jQuery, but your easiest and best bet would probably be to include a pre-built HTML widget, such as this widget from timeanddate.com

This way you can customize the look/functionality of the timer, then simply grab the HTML embed code and place it on your Unbounce landing page. 

Here’s a quick example landing page with a timer built in: 
http://unbouncepages.com/html-countdown-timer/

1 Like

I’ve used this countdown code on several Unbounce pages.
http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/countdown/

1 Like

Read here how to add countdown(coming soon) in unbounce template

1 Like

@johntham

This is AWESOME!!!

Thanks so much for providing this to the Community, you rock! :partyparrot:

1 Like

I have this timer working now and don’t forget to put the CSS code to make it responsive.

1 Like

Hey Vin, thanks for updating us here, and for the helpful reminder about CSS. Let us know how your conversions turn out! If this ends up adding a lot of value to your campaign, it could be added to our “to-do list” when we update our Page Builder. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do I set up a javascript countdown timer? I’ve tried using the scripts function, but can’t seem to get the timer going.

Hi Vitaliy, sorry for the slow response! Can you explain a little more how you’re approaching it? How have you included the script, and what code do you need to call to kick it off? You just want to ensure that the init function gets called when the document is loaded, which won’t just automatically happen for scripts placed in the head of the document. Placing your timer init code in a script block positioned “Before Body End Tag” might do it…

Thanks Carl, I got it.

I need to insert a countdown timer on my Unbounce Landing Page, but I can’t find this feature on Unbounce.

Can anyone help me?

All the best!

Hey Henrique - this could be achieved with some jQuery but your easiest and best bet would probably be to use an app called Gif Countdown. Once you’ve made your countdown widget, open up the Unbounce page builder and paste the Gif code in the Custom HTML Placeholder widget. As seen in this screencast, just make sure to set an img tag and you should be all set!

Great question!
This could probably be achieved with some jQuery, but your easiest and best bet would probably be to include a pre-built HTML widget, such as this widget from timeanddate.com

This way you can customize the look/functionality of the timer, then simply grab the HTML embed code and place it on your Unbounce landing page. 

Here’s a quick example landing page with a timer built in: 
http://unbouncepages.com/html-countdown-timer/

Lastly, if this is something that you would like to see natively built into Unbounce, be sure to vote on the idea here. 

Hey everyone! We’ve just released a post in Tips and Scripts on how you can implement countdown timers on your landing pages :partyparrot:

Check it out here:

Enjoy!

Guys, seriously. You need to add a Countdown timer as a native functionality of Unbounce. We need to create urgency and do it easy!! I’m not a programmer and isn’t easy to follow the other solutions out there. Instapage has that function and is amazing!!

Hey @Agencia1x, thanks for adding to this thread. I do want to point out that it’s not awesome that this has been a feature request for as long as it has, and that we haven’t been able to offer it as a built-in feature.

But I don’t want your post to go unnoticed. I’ve forwarded this to our Product Management team to get some insight into this, and to see if it’s something that’s been scoped out. I agree that having the ability to create a sense of urgency when you’re trying to convert page visitors quickly is extremely useful, and I’ll do what I can to get some information for you here.

Would it be helpful if we were inspect our current workaround to make it a bit more user-friendly? I’d be happy to hop on a call with you to go over the workaround and you can tell me what’s tricky? I’m not a developer either, so I’d like it to be as straight-forward as possible :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any thoughts on this, or if you’d like to chat.

All the best,

-Jess

Yes please!!

Hi Jess! Really hoping for an update here. Unbounce is unrivaled in my opinion as far as functionality and design. But it is a massive bummer that we still don’t have one of the most fundamental elements of increasing conversion (urgency timer) built-in on a platform that’s promise is to help you get more conversions.