Console error with google tag manager

• 1 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Guys, i’ve noticed an error in all my unbounce pages on console.

It says “Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined”

I’ve installed my Google tag manager and embed unbounce code via html in my tag manager, it seems thats everything is ok, but this message in console doesn’t disappears. What’s happening? Someone can help me?

Thanks

5 replies

Hey @Pedro_Ewerton,
(welcome to the community!)

Could you share the published URL of one of the landing pages where you are noticing this console error? Happy to take a closer look and see if we can find the source the error!

You can also reach out to us directly at support@unbounce.com if you’d like and we can try and help there as well.

Hope to hear from you!

Hi @Alex ! Sorry for late response I didn’t see your message here.

Here is de URL of my Pop up: https://app.unbounce.com/2535381/convertables/4b2d235c-24b7-4728-bb71-080e940ac9c0

And here is the URL of my website: site.deliverydireto.com.br

Hey again @Pedro_Ewerton,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here.

I’ve been taking a look at your setup, though nothing is really standing out in terms of where this console might be coming from, or why.

Just to confirm with you again - is everything working? (ex. are you just nervous about the error?) Let me know when you have a quick moment! If something is broken/not tracking properly then we can always move this to a support ticket and I can loop in our techs!

Hi @Alex thanks for your answer. I think it’s not getting us any problems, the console just show that errors. If anything isn’t broken in our website it’s better just to ignore this?

Hi @Pedro_Ewerton,

If everything is working then I wouldn’t be too alarmed, no. I apologize I don’t have something a bit more actionable to share here.

After playing around a bit with the Javascript console on the page the pop-up is launching from, I found that removing GTM from the page also seems to remove the console error as well - so it might be something amiss inside of GTM itself versus the Unbounce pop-up. This makes it difficult for me to know for sure what could be causing it - but again, if everything is running as expected, then I wouldn’t worry too much.

If something does happen to break or you think something is no longer working, feel free to give us a shout at support@unbounce.com and we can always take a closer look together. 🙂