Conditional Forms (aka Form Logic)

Just an update: I’m changing this from a ‘Question’ to an ‘Idea’ so other users can vote on this as well. If form logic or conditional forms are something you would find useful, be sure to  LIKE  this idea at the top of the page. :slight_smile:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Form Confirmation URL Based on Drop Down Selection.

I  want to have a form confirmation send a user to another web page based on the selection in a drop  down item.

I have added this javascript, but what do I set the form confirmation to? And is my js correct? I am not a coder…

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Multi-Step For Location?.

I have a “Country” field in my form. For those who are from the United States, I would also like to ask them their “State”. Is it possible to connect these two fields so that only people who select United States would be asked for their “State”?

Hi Schmid,

I’ve been involved in another thread that talks about showing or hiding a field depending on a drop down value selected in a different field. Please see link below.

https://community.unbounce.com/unbounce/topics/user_choses_one_of_multiple_forms_on_one_landing_page

I will be putting together a full write up for this soon but I’m choca with client projects so it’s unlikely to be until next week. In the meantime feel free to ping me a msg if you need help :slight_smile:

Cheers

Stuart.

Curtis, 

The script that hides or shows the form field could just as easy have a command to change the form confirmation url based on the value in a drop down box rather than hide it, the logic is still the same. Please see this link and get in touch if you need help with the code.

https://community.unbounce.com/unbounce/topics/user_choses_one_of_multiple_forms_on_one_landing_page

Cheers

Stuart.

Loving this!

I would love to know the answer to this as well. WP Plug in?

Hi folks, 
Can you define what you mean by ‘dynamic’ form? Are you looking for something similar to form logic? Or are you looking for a form that re-sizes to the screen size (responsive)?

Conditional Logic forms would be great on landing pages. I’ve had that same thought before!

Morgan,

Is this what you are looking for?
http://experience.traynorglass.com/garaga-garage-doors/b.html

On that page if you select phone you get the option for which time of day is best for you. If  you select email or no preference you don’t get the added drop down.

I forget who the original owner of this script is, the link escapes me. But you change the first # to the ID of the field you want to control. then in the second section put in the field  you want to hide/show. I am pretty sure you can use this multiple times on a page.

Joe

Thanks, Joe! I will give it a try and see if it works for what I need!

This was very helpful - I was able to edit it for use on my site.

Hi Steve,

I don’t believe conditional fields are possible with the native Unbounce form builder at the moment. But you might want to consider embedding a third-party form on your Unbounce page as custom HTML.

It looks like Formstack has conditional logic and can be embedded. https://www.formstack.com/features/conditional-logic

There are other form builders out there too, such as Wufoo, etc.

Steve, hi. At CTA Conference, I’ve heard of some people achieving what you have in mind with Javascript added to their landing-page (that would hide fields based on inputs). I believe that this could work for you.

I got some custom code built for this. We only needed NY and CT for now, but the code can easily be expanded just by adding the sections of code for each state. You’ll need to make an entry in both Javascripts and in Stylesheets

In Style sheets, enter:

#container_ny_counties, #container_ct_counties { display: none; }

Then continue to add the other states you need before the { display: none }, ensuring you have a comma, then #container_stateabbreviation_counties

In the Javascripts enter: 

Add more counties and states above the line with //… add more here

The county lists come from Jquery library, so in your scripts page, be sure to check the box for JQuery 1.4.2

Settings are shown here:

AWESOME! This would be a sweet native feature

This is an awesome workaround, Gary! Thanks so much for providing this with the Community! :slight_smile:

This is an awesome workaround, Gary! Thanks so much for providing this! :slight_smile:

Hi Stuart,

Looks like the forum for this discussion no longer exists. Any possibility of you sharing the script that makes it possible to only show the State/Province field with United States or Canada is chosen?

Thanks!

Enget

###Q: What feature / functionality are you looking for?
A: Condition logic - e.g. when a user selects a drop-down or radio button, a new field appears that is specific to that selection.

###Q: What problem are you trying to solve?
A: To make the forms much better and smaller

###Q: If solved, what value would this provide (ex. increased efficiency, cost savings,etc.)?
A: We would use Unbounce 10x more

###Q: Is this being solved by another workaround or any other tool today?
A: Yes, we have to use WordPress + Gravity Forms. It’s a total pain in the ass.