Community Spotlight: Stefano Apostolakos

• 12 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
  • Former Community Manager @ Unbounce
  • 831 replies

@Stefano Apostolakos is the co-founder of Webistry, a PPC & CRO focused agency based in Montreal, Canada. Stefano and his team joined Unbounce in 2015 and currently have over 200 active landing pages spreading across many customers in many verticals across the globe.

Stefano, aka the self-proclaimed “Numbers whisperer” is completely and utterly obsessed with numbers. Data speaks to him because he knows how to listen to it. When he talks to “the other side”, he can uncover insights about your business you never knew existed.

We asked Stefano a few questions to learn a bit more about how he approaches digital marketing, some of his marketing inspiration and what kind of predictions he has for marketing trends in the future.

1. What areas of digital marketing do you specialize in?
I specialize in lead generation through pay-per-click campaigns (search, display, video & social), landing pages and conversion rate optimization.

2. How did you first become interested in Online Digital Marketing?
I was just a kid when I joined MySpace. I quickly became intrigued in how easy it was to build and develop a personal brand. This got the little wheels in my head turning!

3. What brand/company do you admire in the digital marketing space?
I know I might get some flack for this, but I’d like to give a shout-out to the Kardashians. Their marketing methods might not be traditional, but it works!

What is your basic go-to strategy for A/B testing? (ie. what things do you test first, how often do you test, etc.)
Our basic go-to strategy changes based on scope/vertical, but an easy test for us across the board is CTA copy or CTA color. We’ve seen significant lifts in conversion by testing soft versus hard approaches. There are a ton of easy A/B tests that we run, but it would require the rest of this page 🙂

4. Any predictions or trends you foresee dominating marketing in the next 5 years?
Digital doom? We sometimes have some dark thoughts about where digital is heading, although it is unlikely, it helps keep us on our toes. Will people become so fed up of advertising that the majority will stop clicking on ads? Will this cause an overwhelming shift to native advertising? I just set a reminder for myself in 5 years to re-read this question and compare my answer to our new reality!

5. What are you reading / listening to these days?
I am currently reading “The modern romance” by Aziz Ansari – a great escape from the day-to-day digital world. At the office I listen to Pete Tong’s radio show on BBC Radio 1 (highly recommended).

6. What is one thing you can’t live without?
My playstation & NHL 17. Add me if you want to lose. PSN: BurntCheese

Want to connect with Stefano and talk marketing?

Stefano Apostolakos
Co-Founder, Websitry
Montreal, Canada
Email: stefano@webistry.com
https://community.unbounce.com/users/stefano/
www.twitter.com/stefwebist
www.linkedin.com/in/sapostolakos
www.webistry.com

4 replies

I am currently reading “The modern romance” by Aziz Ansari – a great escape from the day-to-day digital world.

@Stefano I loved me some Modern Romance! I couldn’t help but read the entire book in Aziz’ voice though, haha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

How about Rocket League???

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

haha same! I am loving it so far 🤓

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jess I am more of a sports guy 😉