Community Spotlight: Nicholas Scalice

Nicholas is an inbound marketing consultant and the founder of Earnworthy. He focuses on helping businesses get more traffic, leads, sales, and referrals using the best inbound marketing tools, tactics, and strategies.

He has been working as a marketer since 2009, after starting his first business while still in college. Nicholas holds a Master’s degree from Florida Atlantic University, and a number of marketing certifications including the AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) Certification, ActiveCampaign Certified Consultant, Google AdWords Certification, multiple HubSpot and Hootsuite Certifications, and the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ).

Nicholas has been building landing pages with Unbounce since 2014, and is an active member of the Unbounce Community where he enjoys sharing feedback related to conversion rate optimization and landing page design best practices. 

We wanted to learn more about what makes Nicholas tick, so we asked him a few questions about his craft which you can read below. 

1. What areas of digital marketing do you specialize in?
Inbound marketing is my specialty, but since that can include quite a few different services, the areas I am most interested in are conversion rate optimization, landing page design, marketing automation, and email marketing.

2. How did you first become interested in Online Digital Marketing?
Looking to make a few extra bucks in college, I went door-to-door to local businesses around town and offered social media marketing services. This quickly grew into a profitable business. After college, I worked at a digital agency to get more experience beyond social media marketing, and after that, I went out on my own as an independent marketing consultant with a focus on inbound marketing.

3. What brand/company do you admire in the digital marketing space?
One of my favorite brands from a social media marketing perspective is Taco Bell. Their social media team is on point, especially on Twitter. They’re quick to respond and they have a unique brand voice. Another company that just rocks their digital marketing campaigns on all fronts is Buffer, which is also one of my favorite marketing tools.

4. What is your basic go-to strategy for A/B testing? (ie. what things do you test first, how often do you test, etc.)
As clichŽe as it sounds, I believe that marketers should always be testing. I use Google Calendar to organize my A/B tests. Typically, I’ll test a marketing funnel from the top down, so I’ll start with the creative (usually a Facebook ad). Once I get the relevance score and clicks where I want them, I’ll work on further optimizing the copy on the landing page. Beyond copy, I’ll move onto other design elements.

However, there are many campaigns that aren’t typical, and if I get a hunch that a single element further down in the funnel is the culprit for low conversions, I’ll jump right into that.

5. Any predictions or trends you foresee dominating marketing in the next 5 years?
The single biggest trend I see on the horizon is the mass adoption of marketing automation. Just 12 months ago, marketing automation wasn’t a word you’d hear in most marketing discussions. Now, that has completely changed. I haven’t been as excited about a new trend since the rise of remarketing/retargeting a few years back.

I am going all-in on marketing automation, by implementing marketing automation tools and strategies for many of my clients. My favorite tool for this is ActiveCampaign, which is on the cutting edge (and easily integrates with Unbounce).

6. What are you reading / listening to these days?
Lately, I’ve been reading a lot of “classic” marketing books, including Influence by Robert Cialdini, and Advertising Secrets of the Written Word by Joseph Sugarman. And in the world of podcasts, some of my favorite marketing podcasts include Perpetual Traffic, Marketing Optimization, The Active Marketer, and of course, Unbounce’s Call to Action podcast.

7. What is one thing you can’t live without?
The one thing I can’t live without is my MacBook Pro.

Want to connect with Nicholas and talk shop? 

Nicholas Scalice
Inbound Marketing Consultant and Founder, Earnworthy
Boca Raton, Florida
nicholas@earnworthy.com
https://twitter.com/nscalice
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nscalice
http://earnworthy.com

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nice to meet you, Nicholas! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Stefano. Nice to meet you as well and glad to be a part of this awesome Unbounce community.

Welcome Nicholas! Glad to have you on board!!!