Color-Related Design Tools and Resources

Choosing the right colors for the landing pages you build is a pretty important decision, and not one to be overlooked. But working with color design on your pages, and making the right choices based on an understanding of the psychology of color and how it affects conversions isn’t always easy.

These tools have helped me over the years when building landing pages, and maybe they will be helpful to you as well. If you know of any more awesome color-related design resources or tools, please share them below!

I’m not affiliated with any of these sites, just a fan of all of them!

1. ColorZilla - This is an eyedropper extension for Chrome and Firefox. I probably use it more than any of the other tools/resources on this list.

2. Color: Intro to Web Design - A very basic, but vital overview of color theory with some awesome graphics of color wheels.

3. Color Psychology - A long but super-useful article about the psychology of color and how to use it. Every CRO needs to read this.

4. Color Hex - A tool I use when researching specific tints, tones, or shades of a color. A lot more handy than it looks.

5. Coolors - Good for exploring different color pallets when looking for inspiration for page designs. There are a lot of sites like this, but I keep coming back to this one.

What color-related design tools and resources would you add to this list?