Checking DNS and is CloudFlare ok?

• 24 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello! I have a 2 part question and any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Client has an Unbouce account with a domain pointed to the landing pages. The customer now wants to build a website for that domain. I have installed WordPress and ready to go but can’t change the DNS without the Unbounce pages going down. I thought it was setup ok but doesn’t look like it. So what should the proper DNS settings be to allow for the pages as well as the website to be live. I suppose this is a backwards kind of build 🙂

Also I mentioned CloudFlare as we’d like to use it. I saw negative feedback on this from a year or so ago. Has anything changed in the meantime?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
M

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @SSmeredith!

I brought this to our @UnbounceTechTeam to see if there have been any updates from a year ago regarding CloudFlare because this isn’t my expertise. Here’s what I received from them:

For the first question, there could be many reasons why the pages are down. We usually need to take a look at the WP diagnostics and offer some suggestions from there.

As for the second question, that is correct. Turning on Cloudflare tends to cause issues with stats so we do strongly recommend disabling on Unbounce pages.

Hopefully that gives you a bit to go off of for now, feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

-Jess

Thanks Jess. How do I move forward with Q1? Customer is a premium client.