Changing Button URLs Based on Source Traffic

• 13 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,
I have 150 landing pages that I’m directing traffic to from one source. I’ve been having difficulties scaling the traffic to new sources, and need to get better at tracking performance by source.

I need to change the links in my buttons based on the traffic source. Changing a dynamic parameter in the URL isn’t enough, I need to swap out the full URL.

Is there a way to do this in Unbounce? It does not seem practical to build out and maintain a new page for each traffic source. Any ideas?

1 reply

It’s hard to say for sure because I don’t fully understand your “one traffic source.” I’m going to assume, though, that this is something like Google, where you can set URL parameters along with your link at a granular level. If you can, then you should be able to use those URL parameters along with the Dynamic Text Replacement feature in unbounce (https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203661004-Working-with-Dynamic-Text-Replacement) to build your button links. Full Disclosure - I haven’t tried this myself, but I think it should work in theory. Worst case you could have a developer create some Javascript for you that would do the trick.