Capture leads only after Paypal payment is made

• 30 October 2014
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have my page set up so that after a person submits a form they are taken to a paypal window to process payment.

Is there a way to capture only the leads that complete the paypal payment?

3 replies

Hi David,

At this time there isn’t a way to capture the leads conditionally based on an external factor. More importantly though, do you mind if I ask why you’re trying to achieve this kind of set-up? Based on the limited information I have, it sounds like you’re trying to build a list of everyone who has purchased your product, but I’m curious to see if there’s anything further I’m missing on this one.

Give me a bit more info about your marketing funnel and ideal solution and I’ll do what I can to point you in the right direction.

Hi justin. Thanks for the reply.

You are correct in that I’m trying to validate based on people who are willing to pay for the service.

The site is www.giftip.co (not fully finished by has been published so you can check it out)

I do know I could ask for payment first the take them to the form but that seems a bit out of the natural flow.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

David

Hey David,

Thanks for sending this over! Before we dig in, I just want to say that this is a really nice looking page, and I can definitely see how you could get some benefit out of Unbounce. Great concept as well!

Alright, now I want to dig in a bit to your marketing funnel. It looks like you might have the right idea, but if you’re trying to test the conversion rate between a payment and a tweet, we recommend creating different variations of your page with different CTA’s all together. This way you aren’t necessarily giving them the option of payment on the page itself, but instead, you’ll be seeing how your potential customers would convert when split-tested and served different payment methods all together. We actually did a bit of a case study on this which you can find here: http://unbounce.com/a-b-testing/pay-w…

Secondarily, I think I’m still a little fuzzy on exactly why you’re looking to achieve this kind of funnel. I’m going to go ahead and reach out to you directly and open up a support ticket so I can really dig into this one with you. At the end of the day, we want to make sure you’re seeing success in your testing, so I’d rather spend some time on this one and make sure you’re setting up your campaigns correctly.