Cannot Authorize Wordpress Plugin?

:x: The Problem

"I’m trying to link unbounce to my Wordpress website, but every time I go to my WP Admin and I try to authorize it with Unbounce, it keeps giving me the same message: “Sorry, there was an error authorizing with Unbounce. Please try again."

“I’m having issues with integrating the Unbounce plugin with Wordpress. I can’t seem to get it to authorize to my account.”

"Help! My Wordpress plugin won’t authorize, keeps giving me an error. How can I fix this? "

:white_check_mark: The Solution

Our plugin needs to find matching domain names in WordPress and Unbounce in order to authorize the connection. Luckily, if you’re running into this issue it’s usually a super easy fix.

Pay close attention to the ‘www’

The biggest reason you might not be able to Authorize with Unbounce is because the domain you’ve added into Unbounce doesn’t match the ‘www’ part of the URL that you have in Wordpress.

First, check to see if Wordpress is installed using ‘www’ or not. For example, is your WP installed on www.examplepage.com? Or is it installed on examplepage.com (without the ‘www’)?

If your Wordpress is installed without using the ‘www’, then simply edit this in Unbounce (remove the ‘www.’ part of the domain), and then go back and try to Authorize again in Wordpress, it should work :slight_smile:

###Still running into troubles?
If you’ve ensured everything matches but you’re still running into issues with our Wordpress plugin, contact our stellar support team so we can dig in and take a closer look.

:link: Related Resources