Solved

Can i use Unbounce to create a form for my website?

• 4 October 2011
  • 7 replies

Is it possible to create a form using unbounce and post it to my website using iframe?

icon

Best answer by Jess 27 June 2018, 18:49

View original

7 replies

Hi Albert! While that’s not really what Unbounce is designed to do, we do have customers doing exactly that, so yes, that should work just fine…

Hi Carl:

So how do I do that??? Do i just design a landing page with nothing on it except for the form? Then, how do I get the code to embed it into my site via iframe???

This is driving me crazy!

Thanks.

Hi Albert, so sorry for any confusion. As I mentioned, Unbounce isn’t really designed for that. If all you want to do is embed a form on a page, I’d really recommend looking at a service that does just that, say something like Wufoo.

If you really, really want to use Unbounce that way, then you would:

1. Design a page with nothing but your form, sizing the page width and section height to fit where you want to put it.

2. Publish your page.

3. Embed the published page using an iframe in the typical way, something like this:

<iframe src="(your%20page%20url)"></iframe> width="(your form width)"  
height="(your form height)"  
scrolling="no"  
frameborder="0" /\>   

Thanks so much! I got the form embedded and I see it live on the website but the changes I’m making in unbounce aren’t updating on the live form. I edit and publish the form, then refresh my website browser and I don’t see the edits that I’ve just made.

Is there something I’m missing?

The worst part is I cannot get the margins on the form to show correctly on the live version even after I substituted the correct width and height inside the code.

Hello Albert! It looks like there may be a couple reasons you are experiencing this issue and getting the form to display correctly might require a little more troubleshooting. Can you send me an outline of your entire workflow and the pages you are working on to support@unbounce.com so I can dig in for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

:spinbounce: Update from Unbounce HQ! :spinbounce:

Even though this thread is over 6 years old, it still comes up from time to time with our (stellar) support team, and I would like to clarify a few things for other customers who are looking to achieve this functionality.

Unbounce does not support iframing landing page forms, we can’t guarantee the functionality and we’ve seen some things go awry in the past with customers trying to implement this.

We do, however, support either sticky bar or popups if people want to use Unbounce forms on a website. You can find instructions for this here in our documentation.

I’m closing this thread to avoid confusion in the future. Should you have any questions about this, please feel free to start a new thread in our community and we’ll help you out! 😃