Call-to-action (CTA) button color test

• 25 July 2014
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am new to unbounce,

I want to test call to action (CTA) color, so can anyone please suggest me step-by-step guide to create my page or add my domain.

I have domain and purchase one-monthly license ($99 plan) of unbounce.

Do I need to create new landing page or just one variant for call to action button?

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Hi Jyoti,

Happy to point you in the right direction, but I’ll need a bit more information beforehand.

You mentioned you were looking for a step-by-step guide to create your page. Do you currently use landing pages? If so, would you be able to send me an example of a page you’ve already created?

Adding the domain to Unbounce is pretty straightforward, you just need administrative access to your domain’s DNS so you can create a CNAME record. Full instructions can be found here:
http://support.unbounce.com/entries/2…

If you’re looking to test the color of your CTA, I would suggest you start by building out one page, then creating different variants for the different CTA colors and testing them against each other.

Let us know if this helps!

Hello Justin,

Thanks a lot for your reply!!!

"If you’re looking to test the color of your CTA, I would suggest you start by building out one page, then creating different variants for the different CTA colors and testing them against each other. "

So I need to create a page, I don’t want to change the layout, content, nav etc of my domain, I just want to test the CTA color on my index page. Which one is the better option for me, create a new page or adding a domain? Do I need to create different landing pages: variant1, variant2, etc and upload it on my server?

One more question, How unbounce will present different variants of my landing page to the visitors?

As I read that if I want to test a single element on a webpage (download button color) then I need to create diffirents variants of that button in the my testing tool. When the test is live, tool will randomly replace the origional button on the page with one of the variants before displaying the page to the visitors.

Hi Jyoti,

It sounds like you’re looking to AB test an element on your existing website. 

To clarify, Unbounce is first and foremost a landing page builder. We allow you to A/B test landing pages you build with Unbounce. 

Landing pages live separately from your main website and are designed only to receive your campaign’s traffic. This separation allows them to be focused on a single objective which means no distractions for customers. A clear call-to-action means increased conversions and fewer bounces.

If you’re looking to optimize your website you may be better suited using Optimizely.com or 
VWO.com. Both tools aren’t a landing page builder, they are A/B testing platforms. Many of our customers use the tools mentioned to test their website, and use Unbounce to improve their conversion rate by creating landing pages for every campaign they run.

I hope that helps Jyoti!