Calculated survey in Unbounce?

Is there a way to do a survey (like 10 questions) that have a calculated result based off those question’s answers … much like a survey monkey

8 replies

Hi David, 

There’s no built in survey functionality in the Unbounce page builder, but you _should _be able to embed the survey directly on to your landing page. 

Do you mind if I ask why you’re looking to include a survey in your landing page? What are you hoping this survey will accomplish? 

Thanks Justin… We are putting a small assessment together that will have parents understand their parenting style and later give strategies to it. However, to accurately give them valuable feedback we need to calculate each response from each question.

Thanks Justin… We are putting a small assessment together that will have parents understand their parenting style and later give strategies to it. However, to accurately give them valuable feedback we need to calculate each response from each question.

Hi David, 
While we won’t be able to achieve this functionality in-app, what you _could_do instead is collect all of the information from the forms, then deliver their ‘parenting style’ report via email by using an email platform such as MailChimp. It would be a bit of a manual process, but it will outline the importance of collecting their contact info in order to receive their report. 

Hello Justin, I have a similar situation where I want to capture lead info with a “calculate your ideal weight” promise. I’d get their info on the page but where could we make all necessary calculations before sending the data to Mailchimp? would it have to be manual? I would love to send the data directly from the Unbounce landing to MC.

Hi Oso, 
Yes, at this time that would need to be a manual calculation. There’s no way in-app to do any sort of calculations, so they would need to be done after the fact. For example, you could export all of your leads into a .CSV, then make the calculations in the spreadsheet which you would then upload into Mailchimp. I don’t believe there would be any other way around that unless you’re building a custom calculator using something like javascript. Perhaps you could post this on a solution like Elance to see what some developers could come up with? Worth a shot!

As a tool for simple creation of forms or surveys, you can try uCalc, which can be embedded on Unbounce pages. This will allow taking data from forms and surveys to email and phone.

Hello David, you can calculate survey results of unbounce data by visualizing it using Likert scale survey analysis, here is the simple guide showing Likert scale examples on how to perform data analysis of survey results.