Button without page to link to. How to avoid broken links?

• 7 March 2013
  • 2 replies

Hi there, I’d like to add a button to a page to measure conversion. However I don’t have yet a page to link to and would like to avoid a broken link. Instead there should be a message like “work in progress…”. What options do I have to achieve this? Thanks!

2 replies

Hi Reinhard!

You have a couple of options, and it’s really up to you on how you would like to set it up.

1. If you are using a click through page, you could create a second “work in process” page in Unbounce and link the main page to the “work in process page”

You can learn how to set up a button’s click action here

1. If you are using a lead generation page, on the main page, you could have a form that says something like “sign up to be notified”. Upon signing up leads could then receive a pop up message that says something like “thank you we will notify you upon launch”.

You can learn more about using the Form Confirmation Dialogue here

Reinhard, rest assured there’s no right way to set it up. But, I will add my two cents and say, the latter option is great because you can contact people when the “work in process” is actually completed. Easy post lead data management at your fingertips!

Try that out and let me know how that goes. If you have any questions about it, feel free to contact us at support@unbounce.com

Cheers,

Hi Lou!

That’s very helpful! Thank you very much.

Best,
Reinhard