đź’ˇ Community Spotlight: Eugene Rayner

• 15 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
  • Former Community Manager @ Unbounce
  • 831 replies

Here at Unbounce, we’re constantly interacting with Community members from all over the world, and lately there’s been an individual who has stood out to us. Eugene Rayner (some of you may know him as @erayner) has been actively engaged in the Unbounce Community for just 4 months, but he’s already given tons of insightful feedback to other digital marketers. We were curious to know more about him and share it with the rest of the Community. Turns out he’s got a very impressive skill set, so if you’re wanting to learn a thing or two about digital design, development, marketing and advertising, he’s the guy to watch.

We tracked him down to answer a few questions:

Tell us about your role, where do you work and what do you do?

I work at Aamplify, based in Britomart, Auckland. My role is Web Designer here at Aamplify. On a daily basis I do email campaigns, remarketing, and landing pages. I also make websites but most of the time I am working on marketing campaigns. I work in a really cool, fun environment with awesome, like-minded people.

What’s your all-time favourite marketing campaign?

This BMW one – using sex to sell sexy cars. Funny, and really eye grabbing for everyone.

Image text reads: You know you’re not the first. But do you care?

What trends do you predict will be dominating the market in the next 5 years?

Personally I think AI predictive software to help organise big data will be really important. Also visual effects, interactiveness, and personalisation is all going to be VERY important.

What do you do when you’re not in the wonderful work of marketing?

I spend the majority of time in front of my computer. I like to play games, as well as stream myself live while playing games – using Twitch TV. I also enjoy making tutorial videos (Unbounce you’re next) – I am trying to build my own audience following 🙂 I also like to learn as much as I can with the time that I have.

Apart from that however, I live in a beautiful country, I enjoy road trips with friends, the beach, and listening to some quality kiwi music! 😃

Are there any marketing trends that you’ve seen that you think need to die?

Cold calling. I read a statistic the other day… can’t remember where I found it but it said: ”80% of c-suite think badly of companies who cold call…”

What’s one piece of advice you’d give to the next generation of digital marketers?

Be flexible, and be able to pivot. Marketing is about staying ahead of your competitors, with new technologies, better and faster ways of doing things and thinking outside of the box.

Name: Eugene Rayner
Company: Aamplify Ltd.
Personal Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugene-rayner-63509310a
Personal Website: http://eugene.rayner.yoobee.net.nz/_Assignments/WE04/public_html/index.html
Company Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/2978781

2 replies

@erayner I totally agree on the AI becoming a huge part of what we do in digital marketing. I for one welcome our new AI overlords. 🙌

P.S. It’s great to learn more about you, Eugene! Feel free to DM me your twitch channel. 🙂

Hey Justin! Yes it will be very important! 😃
And sure thing, ill message my twitch account to you soon.

Thanks for running such an awesome forum!