Bug in the color editor, screen freezes

There is a bug in the color editor, when changing the text color, selecting the tool “more colors” and adding your own hex code, lot of times the screen freezes and don’t let you exit that window, so you have to go back in the browser and lose all the previous changes you had unsaved. I have this issue one out of three times that I use it. It’s been happening for a month, please take a look at it, it’s really annoying.

11 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

Sorry about that! I’ve tested this out and I haven’t been able to reproduce it Ð so could you let us know exactly which browser, browser version and operating system you’re experiencing this on?

This will allow us to dig in a bit further and hopefully get this worked out for you. Feel free to email support@unbounce.com if you’d prefer.

Hello,
It happens to me using unbounce in firefox. I am using a pc with Windows 7. It’s not a problem that happens every single time, but like I mentioned, it is happening quite often, 1 out of 3 times I use the tool.

I use firefox too and this exact scenerio happens to me too (as in right now…I was searching the help).  Firefox seems to have a bit of an attitude with a number of things.  Luckily I don’t have to redo too much, so I’ll switch over to Explorer.

!!! It just closed.  I just left it alone for about 20 minutes and it closed! Problem solved.  Yay 🙂

Hi Alli, 
Rather than Explorer, I would actually recommend using Google Chrome as our page builder seems to have the least resistance in that browser. :) 

Also, just to make sure we’re digging into this one as much as we can, we’re going to open up a support ticket and follow up with you directly to see if we can replicate the issue. Hang tight!

Userlevel 3

Hey Everyone!

If you’re still seeing issues related to this bug please shoot us an email directly (support@unbounce.com) Include what browser and OS this is happening on along with any extensions you have installed on that browser.

Right now we’re having trouble replicating this on our own test machines so getting as much data as we can would help us narrow down the issue.

Thank you.  I worked it out though and changed my strategy and everything worked perfectly.
Thanks for the response 🙂

Thanks Johnny!

Hello thanks for the support, I am no longer having issues on my browser with that bug, it’s been a while since I posted here, so it might have stopped doing so in recent updates, perhaps?  🙂

Userlevel 3

Hey Everyone

We discovered one customer was able to resolve this issue by disabling some of the extensions in their browser. In specific they had a popup/Adblock extension called ‘Adblock Edge’. If you have a similar extension do try disabling it while working in the builder.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue shoot us a email (support@unbounce.com)!