Best Practice - adding/integrating a client blog with Unbounce Landing Pages

So I’m looking for best practice ideas on how to accomplish the following:

We’ve created a homepage/landing page/conversion page for a client here

We’re running A/B tests, use a version of this for some of our FB ads, etc.  Client is sper happy with the results and conversions.

However - as this is a housing development (long sales cycle) one of the suggestions that we’ve given them is to start writing blog posts for SEO and return visitors (we’re using both Google and FB retargeting).  We definitely don’t want to kill the homepage which is converting great, and it has the root domain mapped to it.

What suggestions might this wonderful community of braniacs have for accomplishing this?  I don’t want to just RSS posts into another Unbounce page as this wouldn’t give us the same amount of SEO juice (right?).  

Love to hear thoughts on this.

Hi, just an FYI the page http://www.basecampoldirvingpark.com/ wasn’t loading any images for me. I disabled ad block and it worked fine after that. 

Hi Matthew,

First off I want to say I’m impressed with your landing page and the use of unbounce, I think it looks awesome and I’m not surprised it’s converting well and your client is happy. It’s not very often we give each other praise in this business but I think you’ve done an awesome job :slight_smile:

Now to answer your question. In order to do that I need a little more information. What platform is the clients blog hosted on? Is it wordpress or some kind of CMS? Are you looking to copy across the whole blog or just a certain amount of posts? Need categories and tags? That kind of info will make a massive difference to what I would recommend.

I’m sure we can work out a solution, this is just the kind of thing that makes me tick :slight_smile:

Stuart.

Hey Stuart. Thanks for the praise! We’re totally undecided about the platform to use. We’re familiar with WP but am worried about having to configure it to look like the other site. Totally open to suggestions if you have an idea!

Hey Stuart - just checking in on this again as I didn’t hear anything back from you.  Please advise and thank you.

Oh and if your looking for code blocks etc that you can get examples for, this link is a great implementation of an opensource library for this purpose using Jquery. https://github.com/sdepold/jquery-rss

Hi Matt,

Sorry, we had a sudden surge of new projects and I’m having to put a lot of time and focus to the new clients so that’s why there’s been a delay.

So if this was me I would approach it like this…

Setup a wordpress blog for their main blog platform.
Configure and setup RSS feeds for the categories that  you want on your unbounce page
Use the Google feeds api to setup your source and embed the library in your unbounce langing page and add the relevant lines of Javascript code to pull in your required feed. 
Add the feed content you just pulled in to your html output in your unbounce page layout.

https://developers.google.com/feed/v1/devguide 

That’s what I would use in these kind of circumstances. 

This way you don’t need to configure WP to be public facing, your just  using it as a blog/article storage and editing engine that will feed your unbounce pages. This will give your clients the ability to easily manage the blog content without having to go anywhere near unbounce or code. 

A lot of content curation systems out there also can autopublish to WP, this means at a later date if you wanted to have more pages added with dynamic/curated content you could continue to fill up your WP installation and if you decided to make it public facing you’d have a lot of content with high SEO value that you can either continue to embed into your unbounce page and/or template WP to open it to public consumption.

Because the content is owned by you there is no need for an attribution link, you can pull in the entire blog/article content and display it on your unbounce page in its full format which will then look like its content originally from that page. 

I hope that helps a bit, there’s really only a couple of ways to tackle this without having to develop a specific library of code from scratch, but why re-invent the wheel! :slight_smile:

Cheers

Stuart.