Below Average Google Ads Quality Score

• 15 August 2019
  • 4 replies

1: What challenge are you currently trying to solve?
Improve my quality score on Adwords, to show people they can feed their puppy with affordable real healthy food instead of poisonning them with bad products…

2: How are you driving traffic to your page?
Google Ads

3: What is your conversion goal?
Free Samples // Sales

4: Paste a link to your published landing page / popup: 👇

https://inbound.leandog.co.uk/healthy-puppy/

4 replies

Anyone around who could help me out with this issue? 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge

There are other factors besides the landing page that go into your ad quality score, and I can’t speak to them without seeing the ads, keyword selection, etc.

That being said, there are some things I noticed that should improve the conversation rate of your page, which should help bump up your score.

First, on mobile, some of the elements are overlapping/cut off. That’s something you should definitely investigate and correct.

Perhaps the biggest issue is that you have two offers competing with each other. People fear making the wrong choice and are just as likely to not chose either at all to all to avoid this. Stick to just one and have it match what’s on your ad.

I like that you have options, but they aren’t differentiated enough on the page. Why should someone choose one over another? Also, if I request a sample, will it be the one shown? Is the the right one for my dog breed?

I know you attempt to offer some info with the link to your products, but I would remove that because it just takes people away from your offer. Keep them on the page and direct them to your goal.

I like the icon for vet recommended, but it would be better if there was some sort of stat or supporting context. Does it have an official approval from a vet association, a report that documents the vet recommended claim or anything like that?

Finally, I think you can refine the copy a bit. It feels a bit stilted in places and seems like your trying to stuff the keyword dry dog food in there.

I hope that helps.

Best of luck!

Thank for for the answer Sean

• I want to improve the Google’s Landing Page Experience which is "below average for my LP in AdWords, the other factors must be fine because I am “above average” for the Ad Relevance.
  • I don’t see any unexpected overapping/cut off on mobile, but I wonder if some intended overlapped boxes that look well from a human eye are considered as problems by the google’s bot.
  • I will focus on the ask for sample form and move the CTA for direct purchase at the very bottom of the page, replacing of the “see all products” button.
  • I will add more details under the form to be very clear, proofs to the Vet Recommended Logo and try make the page lighter in term of keywords.

Do you think those changes will improve my landing page experience according to Google in addition to a potential increase of my conversion rate?

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Those things should help. If the Google Landing Page Experience score is your main concern, you’ll also want to make sure your page matches the search intent. You want to be consistent between the keywords you’re targeting, your ad messaging and your landing page messaging. And it wouldn’t hurt to also make sure that your page loads fast. I didn’t notice any issues, but it is one of the factors used by Google.

If it were me, though, I would focus on conversions and the score should increase rather than the other way around.

While moving shop now away from the main offer is better than having them in the same CTA, it’s still not as good as just having one offer on the page. I’d eliminate the shop now completely. You can always send those offers after you’ve gotten the lead from the sample.

Let me know how it works out for you.