Automatic download file on a landing page

Q: What feature / functionality are you looking for?
A: On a landing page I have a CTA, after pressing it the user pass to a thankyou page. when he lend there I want the download of a file will be triggered automatically. The file is saved on my servers.

Q: What problem are you trying to solve?
A: couldn’t find any solution

Q: If solved, what value would this provide (ex. increased efficiency, cost savings, etc.)?
A: I could measure how many people download the file.

Q: Use Case example? (ex. As a ____ I want to be able to _____ so I can _____.)
A:

Q: Is this being solved by another workaround or any other tool today?
A: No

Hey there,

Have you tried adding the file as a doc and linking it to it’s own button?

You can add a button on your thank you page for users to download the file. Just select “download file” as the click action in the builder.

I am trying to find a way without forcing the user to push another click.

@alonz in that case, you have added the feature request to the right place :slight_smile:

EDIT:
This might also be helpful…

This is not a good practice for many reasons, you would be much better off giving them a link via an autresponder. Some of the reasons are:

Antivirus issues
Pop up issues
Browser issues
Device compatibility issues
OS issues with regards to handling of the file type
Annoying the person pressing the button

I would do it this way:

1. You already have the user’s permission and email when they opted in. Push this form data to a Zapier web hook. Zapier then listens for the POST data. This is built into UnBounce.
  2. In Zapier, merge the document to Webmerge. Include personalization of the document as provided in Webmerge.
  3. Create the email delivery in Webmerge.

Alternative method:

1. POST the form data to your CRM system.
  2. Have your CRM send them the attachment.

Yet another way:

1. POST the data to ActiveCampaign, add it to a list and set the tags needed.
  2. In ActiveCampaign either have it send a campaign email, or an autoresponder which sends an email whenever a new lead is added to a list.