Allow sub-folders / name editing in image/media library

Q: What feature / functionality are you looking for?
A: Being able to create sub-folders to sort images, and being able to rename media files.

Q: What problem are you trying to solve?
A: It’s very slow and confusing not being able to separate pictures from different landing pages (eg: promo1, promo2, promo3, general purpose) or different types of images (eg: logos, pictures, renders, etc.) that belong to the same client.

Hunting for a single pic among almost a thousand can be very frustrating, time consuming and increase the chance of mistakes. We try to work around this by naming the files with the name of the landing -to at least group them by filename- but that means manually editing the name of each file, since the file name cannot be edited from the editor. This is of course inefficient and time consuming.

Sorting by client is not a practical solution, as a single client can have several landings. Sometimes these landings are very similar and its risky to have all the art together. Sometimes you need a general purpose folder for several landing pages, while keeping other pics apart.

Q: If solved, what value would this provide (ex. increased efficiency, cost savings, etc.)?
A: Save time, faster browsing, faster loading times for media library, less mistakes.

Q: Use Case example? (ex. As a ____ I want to be able to _____ so I can _____.)
A: Since I work with dozens of landing pages per client, I want to be able to create subfolders to sort media files as I see fit, and rename files so that they show in the order I want them to.

Q: Is this being solved by another workaround or any other tool today?
A: Right now I need to change the filename of the pictures before uploading them so that they group together when sorted by name, which is time consuming. The only other way is to assign a new “client” to each landing, but that’s just not practical when a single client has over a dozen landing pages that share a lot of assets.
Instapage and pretty much EVERY file manager of any kind has the ability to create folders.

I agree, this would be very helpful.

Need this too. It’s just too messy to have all in one place.

Agreed. Would be a huge time saver.