Add to Cart/Checkout Page on Unbounce?

• 3 February 2014
  • 27 replies

Is there any way to add an “add to cart” or “checkout” page to an Unbounce landing page? Unbounce should develop into a full hosting solution like Shopify is (or partner with them), with their own shopping cart.

It would attract A LOT more customers IMO since there is really no company that has a great landing page creator AND hosted shopping cart solution. Make it happen, and I’m a lifetime customer.

27 replies

Hey Quinn - thanks for the great feedback!

One of the reasons we currently don’t offer an “add to cart” feature is due to the fact our Development team is working on SSL. Rest assured though, we hear the demand for SSL loud and clear! Once we have SSL it’ll open up a whole window of opportunity for our customers in e-commerce. I’ve tagged your account so we can be sure to follow up with you when we have something to show. Stay tuned!

Is there a way to add PayPal? Or is the SSL still a problem? Is it possible to put in a html tag to take to PayPal’s website?

Userlevel 3

Hey Russell - Paypal buttons should be no problem as they take the user off-site and into Paypal for the actual purchase. See the link below to generate your Paypal button code:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/web…

thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I second this eCommerce SSL need. This would bring my love for UnBounce from an 8 to a 10

Thanks for the feedback Adam! Rest assured we’re working on it! I’ve tagged your account so you’ll be amongst the first to know when we do roll out SSL. Stay tuned!

Tag me as well, please!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Branson, I kind of found a way to do it using a stub page for woo-commerce. You can email me adam@nerdsdoitbetter.com and I can give you the details. So far it has worked really well.

Userlevel 3

Hey Brandon - Just tagged your account now 🙂

Thanks for being a community champion Adam, you rock!

Can you tag me as well so I can get notified? Thanks!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Zach - I’ve tagged your account now. Cheers!

Same here, please tag me! We’d love to see ability to add to cart from our beautiful landing pages we are creating via Unbounce. It’s too tough to create landing pages on our actual site so easily and quickly as you know. But the compromise is the additional step customers ahve to take to Add to Cart.

By the way, is there a discussion/thread where ecommerce users of Unbounce talk about how they are using Landing pages to help with conversions perhaps? Or how they are using it in general to help their ecommerce store in general?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Johnny - I’ve tagged your account as well. Just to clarify, we are tagging people for their interest in SSL served Unbounce pages specifically. That’ll allow you to use “add to cart” and checkout embeds from certain providers, but it’s not going to come bundled with in-app integrations (at least not right away–but we’ll work on those once we get SSL set-up).

I don’t think there is a thread where Unbounce ecommerce users are discussing what they’re currently doing. If you want to get one started, that would be awesome though–we’ll be able to add insights we get from customers via phone/chat/email as well.

Is there any update on this?

No solid update just yet, but SSL is high up on our product roadmap and I know we’re putting resources behind this internally. I’ve tagged your account, so when we roll a solution out you’ll be one of the first to know. Thanks for your patience with this one!

tag me too, please

You’ve been tagged! Thanks for your interest. 🙂

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to give you all a quick update and let you know that  SSL is on the way;  and it’s actually a lot closer than you might think! Paul Doerfling, a Product Manager here at Unbounce, just released a quick SSL update in the Community detailing our final timeline for launch (spoiler: it’s soon), as well as a few tidbits about what to expect when it’s live. 

Go check out update and share your thoughts/feedback here.

Please tell me, Add to cart is available or not???

I think you can create a form that performs the job of a cart and send the custom parameter. 

If you dont need the quantity selector just use buttons with custom urls. 

For woocommerce here is the URL parameters: http://www.remicorson.com/add-woocommerce-variable-product-with-variations-to-cart/

For example: 

http://www.example.com/cart/?add-to-cart=“ExampleproductID”&quantity="2"

If you need help to send custom quantity with unbounce form let me know. 

Cheers! 

kenji, you’re awesome! you just saved me 🙂

Kenji, this is awesome!! I’d love to see a separate ‘how-to’ guide on how you can implement this. Care to trade? I’ll send you an Unbounce tee if you can draft this up. Deal?

Hi,

This is a really good idea 🙂

Does it work with any shopping cart? Are you open to some custom work to get this integrated on a potential clients landing page?

I’d be designing and building the entire page, all you would need to do its code the ‘add to cart’ buttons to submit into the basket back on the main site. Quantity might be required also.

Please advise if you are free and cost involved.

Thanks.

Dan

Hey Dan, 

It usually works for most carts, but the implementation is really simple so I dont think it should involve a cost. (Its the equivalent of just pasting a url) but I can accept a coffee! :P 

Cheers, 
Kenji