5 Steps To More Conversions: Step 2

This thread is dedicated to those taking The 5 Steps To More Conversions course. If you’d like to join, we’d love to have you! You can sign up here.

As you now know, there are 5 elements that comprise a high converting landing page. They ensure the prospect is armed with all the information they need to decide to convert. In the last email, we suggested an activity you could try to ensure your campaign landing pages include all 5 elements:

On paper, sketch out a landing page for one of your campaigns that incorporates all five elements of a high-converting landing page. You don’t need to write out the benefits and social proof in full, but I’d really recommend taking a shot at the headline Ð it’s the most important part of keeping someone on your page.Share your sketches within this thread if you’d like feedback, or if you have any questions about when/why all 5 elements are necessary.

10 replies

Hey folks! If you’d like to learn more about the 5 elements, look no further than this lesson from Oli Gardner’s Landing Page Conversion Course. It’s got everything you’ll need, including instructions on how to build a page with all 5 elements in Unbounce. http://thelandingpagecourse.com/landing-page-elements-blueprint/

Hello.

Here’s our sketch.

Lookin good! I might suggest adding a title to your form that says something along the lines of “fill out this form to get a call back”. When I first saw “Call Me”, my first reaction was to think that it was a click to call button. Same goes for the button at the bottom.

I really like that you’re trying to put the form right smack in the middle of everything. I don’t recall ever seeing that before.

Lookin good! I might suggest adding a title to your form that says something along the lines of “fill out this form to get a call back”. When I first saw “Call Me”, my first reaction was to think that it was a click to call button. Same goes for the button at the bottom.

I really like that you’re trying to put the form right smack in the middle of everything. I don’t recall ever seeing that before.

Speaking of the Conversion Goal, I wonder if a contact form is appealing enough? You see, I plan on building a landing page (for ppc traffic) to invite kiteboarders (the targeted customers) to contact/call to learn more about the Villas (the product). So it’s a lead gen page, but we would not be asking only for an email, but it’s main purpose is to make the potential client make a contact, as it is not possible to book online due to the complexity of registration.

So, my real question here is: is this a good goal? If not, what other strategy could I use?

My client already have a website, but since it is targeted at multiple profile, I proposed to build client specific page (kiters) and try adwords to create new leads.

This conversion goal is kind of like the picture sent by Boxharry, but the page I have in mind would have more content… and the form would be at the end or in a popup. What do you think?

Thanks!

Hi Jay,

I’m a bit confused about the situation. I’m going to try to repeat it to make sure I understand…

You’re using landing pages to isolate only kiteboarders who might want to rent out your client’s Villas (great call!). However, it’s not possible for them to book the villas online.

So you’re wondering what information you should be collecting and what format you should collect it in (a form? a lightbox that pops up after they click a button?). Is that right?

If I’m understanding your situation and question correctly, I’d ask the question “after the person understands the information on your page, what’s the next thing they’ll want to do?”. If you’ve given them so much information that the only thing left to do is book a villa, I might give them the option to call a 1-800 number (which you can make clickable for mobile devices and track in Unbounce if you use a tel: link), or I’d give them the option to have you call them by entering their phone number. If you can’t do much with their email address, there’s probably no reason to ask for it. 

But if the next thing they’ll need is a brochure or more information about the area, or a list of prices for the villas, asking them to enter their email address AND phone number might be a good idea, so you can send them the extra information they’ll need. Then you can follow up with a call a few days later.

Really, it’s about mapping out the steps someone would need to go through in order to feel confident about booking a villa.

In terms of whether you should put it in a lightbox popup or not, that often depends on the design of your page. I’d just advise you to make sure the CTA (whether it’s a button, form, or phone number) stand out.

I hope that helps. If I totally misunderstood, let me know and I’ll try again 🙂

You understood a 100% Corey 🙂
And thanks for your quick respond by the way, I’m impressed!!

I’m still not fixed whether the page should contains all information needed to considerate the product or if it should hide some, like Rates for example, and ask an email to send the info through the inbox.

The second option sounds nice from a marketing perspective, as giving your email is a small price to pay, but i’m concerned a bit because the info is already available on the website… A simple search on google with my client name will make them find easely this information.

But, on the other side, we’re looking to find new clients, that do not already know the brand… so it might not be as much as an issue here… what do you think?

That’s good to hear 🙂

The only reason you’d really want their email is if you had a plan to market to them over a longer period of time. If you don’t have plans for an email campaign that’ll convince them to buy over time (which might not even make sense for your use-case, I’m not sure), you might just want to put all the info on the page. If people are leaving the page to do a Google search to find the rates, you’re in a bad situation. You’d just be putting obstacles in their way for no good reason. 

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see much value in hiding the price only to present it to them via email, unless you have an awesome email campaign you didn’t mention.

With the very limited info I have about your business and campaign, I’d say that giving them all the information they need upfront and just giving them the opportunity to get in touch (ideally allowing mobile users to click to call) is probably the best way to go. Your landing page conversion rates might be lower, but by not frustrating the user, I think the conversion rate of your whole campaign would benefit.

In terms of getting new clients vs. those that already know the brand, that’s something you’d have to tackle with the channels you’re using to drive traffic to the page (paid ads, email lists, content, whatever it is). The page itself can’t really help you get new/existing clients.

Thanks so much Corey for that Strategy session! You really help me strenghten my vision of what needs to be done. With guys like you, no surprise Unbounce rock so much 🙂

You’re too kind. It was my pleasure. 

Don’t be a stranger around the community 🙂