1) Chaining pages into a funnel and 2) embedding S3 videos?

• 25 January 2012
  • 1 reply

I want to test a product idea and do have the domain for it but no hosting.
I was planning on pointing the domain to Unbounce (root domain) and set up a funnel to measure interest.
Please note that all pages would be on Unbounce and there is no sale, transaction or external link required. It’s all about measuring interest through click troughs and variant testing.

1. Chain multiple landing pages into a funnel as below?

www.mydomain.com
Landing Page A with CTA (=click through to Landing Page B below)

www.mydomain.com/B/
Landing Page B with Lead Gen (=Sign up form with Mailchimp Integration)

So if user clicks on CTA button on page A he’s taken to page B where he can sign up for the mailing list

Questions:
Can pages be chained like this (two or possibly more)?
Can variables be passed between pages even though this is not required in the example above?

1. Embedding video

I would like to host my videos on S3 and not Youtube since I’d like to A/B test those too.

Questions:

• Can I embed S3 video links out of the box (does Unbounce have a video player script)?
  • If not, can I embed a third party video player? Any recommendations?

That’s it for now
Many thanks in advance

1 reply

Hello Jan - sorry for the late response but to answer your questions:

1. Can pages be chained like this (two or possibly more)?

You can definitely chain multiple pages together. In the example you provided it’s just a matter of linking the button on Page A over to Page B.

1. Can variables be passed between pages even though this is not required in the example above?

Yes. You can pass form values onto the next page as query parameters in the URL. We have some information in Unbounce Answers that should help you set this up.

1. Can I embed S3 video links out of the box (does Unbounce have a video player script)?

Unfortunately we do not have a video player built it in but…

1. If not, can I embed a third party video player? Any recommendations?

You sure can. You may want to look into something like the video.js code which uses the newer HTML5 standard to play videos and, if the browser doesn’t support it, defaults to a Flash player. Have a look at http://videojs.com/ for more information.

Hopefully this helps but be sure to let us know if you have any other questions.