Error messages in other language

• 21 July 2015
  • 7 replies

Is there any way I can get error messages in another language? You see, my LP is in portuguese, but the error messages are all in english link “must input a valid e-mail”

7 replies

Hi! 

Do you know how can I add a close button to the error message box? Or that is visible for only a few seconds? 

Thanks! 

Glad I could be of help, Mario!  Unbouncers have to stick together 🙂 and thanks for the love, Justin! 

Joe, you’re a lifesaver! 

Great man! It worked fine.
Thankx a lot!

Below is the same javascript, but with English in case Spanish does not work for you:

<br /> <br /> (function(e){function t(){var t=window.module.lp.form.data;var n=t.validationMessages;var r=t.validationRules;this.changeTitle=function(n){e(function(){e("#"+t.errorContainerId).find("div.error").text(n)})};this.changeField=function(e,t,i){if(!n[e])return;n[e].required=t;if(i&&r[e].email)n[e].email=i;if(i&&r[e].phone)n[e].phone=i}}window.errors=new t(lp.jQuery)})(lp.jQuery) <br />

<br /> // Change the title bar of the validation error box <br /> errors.changeTitle("Please fix these issues:"); <br />

<br /> // Change the error text for specific fields. The first message is shown when nothing is <br /> // entered and the second is shown when an invalid email/phone number is entered. <br /> errors.changeField("name", "You forgot to enter your name!"); <br /> errors.changeField("email", "You forgot to enter an email address!", "That doesn't seem to be a valid email!"); <br /> errors.changeField("phone_number", "You forgot to enter a phone number!", "That doesn't seem to be a valid phone number!"); <br /> <br />

Additionally add this CSS to Customize Visual Error Message Style:

/* The title bar */
  .lp-form-errors div.content div.error{
    background-color: deepskyblue;
    color: white;
  }

/* The list of errors */ 
  .lp-form-errors div.content ul{
    background-color: lightblue;
    color: white;
  }

/* The whole box */ 
  .lp-form-errors div.content{
    border: 1px white;
  }

You can play around with the colors i.e. change light blue to orange, to see which looks best for your respective landing page.

Hope that helps,

Joe

Hi Mario,

I had the same problem last week, but with Spanish.  Here is what I found worked for me:

Modify Validation Errors Script - put this in Javascript before body end tag changing the language of course.

Unbounce had an article here that seems to not be working : http://support.unbounce.com/entries/21734279-How-do-I-modify-the-form-validation-error-messages-