Question

Track Conversions from eWebinar Form

• 18 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi there! I'm hoping you all have a solution for how I can track my conversions back to Unbounce when using an embedded eWebinar widget as the button and registration form. 

I can’t use an Unbounce form as the eWebinar widget displays dynamic registration options based on the next 3 upcoming time slots. 

I also don’t want to create a specific Thank You page hosted on the same domain in Unbounce because we allow people to select a 'just in time' option that takes them straight into the webinar room. I don’t want to put a TY page in the middle as that will will reduce the show up rate on a large portion of our opt ins. 

Any idea how other people are doing this when using the eWebinar widget for registrations? Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @KristinaBreanne,

Thanks for your post - hmmm, this is a tricky one, as the only way you can track the conversion back to Unbounce is to use the External Conversion Tracking script. 

As you have already mentioned, this requires a ‘thank you’ or confirmation page where you can add the script in the HTML of that page. I know you said that you don’t want to add a TY page in the middle, but is there any way to redirect the visitor to a TY page once the webinar has ended and they leave the room? I’m not familiar with eWebinar, so can’t speak to the overall flow from LP to webinar, but happy to help out further if I can.

Badge

Thanks for your reply! At the end of the webinar they are redirected to our sales page for our program.

after registering there are 2 paths. If they select to watch the webinar now then it goes directly to the ewebinar event room. If they schedule it for later then it goes to a thank you page and we hope they’ll show up at their scheduled time. 

there is a way inside ewebinar to add scripts to the registration form, so I’m not sure if there’s a way to add a script there that would tell Unbounce that the form was submitted. 

thanks for any other ideas!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @KristinaBreanne,

Thanks for your reply. For those visitors who schedule for later, the tracking script could be added to the thank you page (provided it is housed under the same root domain (not necessarily the subdomain) as the UB landing page.

As for the eWebinar registration form, is this also being housed under the same root domain, or is it ewebinar.com? If it’s the former, then the script should work provided you can add it before the closing <body> tag on the registration form. If it’s the latter, then I can’t see a workable way to push the conversion back to Unbounce I’m afraid.

Finally, I found the following thread in the Community:

There are some suggestions there to set the outgoing link from the custom HTML element as a conversion goal once the visitor clicks on the button. Maybe one of these suggestions can help you out.

Badge

Thanks so much, Oliver!
Right now, it’s not on the same domain but there is a way to use our own domain within ewebinar. SO, maybe I’ll play around with that and see if I can figure out the suggestion you have above. Appreciate the help!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks so much, Oliver!
Right now, it’s not on the same domain but there is a way to use our own domain within ewebinar. SO, maybe I’ll play around with that and see if I can figure out the suggestion you have above. Appreciate the help!

My pleasure! Hope you are able to get this working the way you’d like it to. Feel free to check back in here if you need any further help 😀