External conversion tracking

• 18 February 2022
  • 0 replies

Hello Unbounce community!

I’m pretty new to the Unbounce tool and I lack technical knowledge so I would kindly ask for your help.

We’re setting up a landing page for one of our clients which contains a form for submitting emails. So basically our goal is to collect user emails/leads. Our client would like us to set up an external tracking/transfer of user data to their database. We discussed it with their IT support and they suggest to use the Webhook - so they would prepare a demo URL we can test with webhook integration. Basically they would have a special page were user emails would be sent to (the page wouldn’t be visible to users) and would be connected to their company’s website. (at least that’s my understanding :))

The problem they currently see is that if we store user data (emails/leads) within the Unbounce tool and send it to that URL, we could have some issues with CCPA/GDPR.
So, their question is if we can somehow not store user emails within Unbounce? I tried unchecking the goals box, and submitted my email but I can still see it in the “Leads” section.

Hope this all makes sense. Thank you in advance for your help!

Damir

0 replies

Be the first to reply!