[How-to] Add a Favicon to an Unbounce Landing Page

• 21 October 2016
  • 14 replies

Last updated April 2, 2020 by @Jess

The updated version of these instructions can be found here

Want to take your Unbounce landing pages + convertables to the next level?
:spinbounce: Check out the Ultimate List of Unbounce Tips, Scripts & Hacks

14 replies

Dang, never thought “favicons” for landing pages. How did I miss this?

Thank you so much Hristian! I was able to find it by enabling the Developer menu and and bringing up “View Source” as you suggested.

Thank you, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

+1 - Crucial for creditability!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Laurie,

If you are sure the favicon has been placed in the root directory of your WP installation than it most probably can be found at: https://www.awesome-website.com/favicon.ico

However, sometimes themes put the favicon in their own theme directory like so: /https://www.awesome-website.com/wp-content/themes/awesome-theme-name/favicon.ico

Last but not least, you can just right click on your blog. Bring up the “View Source” and search for the favicon.

Best,
Hristian

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

😍

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

lol … crucial eh? …

Hello,
How do I find the location of my favicon.co file? If it is in the root directory of my website, where would I find the root directory of my website? I am using a wordpress theme that allowed me to upload a 16x16 .png in the ‘Theme Options’ to use as a custom favicon…sorry, I don’t know where to find the favicon.ico file. Thank you!

How do you do this in the new 2017 UI? There’s no placement dropdown menu to select “Head” as step 3 directs. Can you please share how to do this without the dropdown menu? Thanks!

Somebody know how to find the favicon.ico in Shopify ?

I view the page source, it’s here:
link rel=“shortcut icon” type=“image/x-icon” href="//cdn.shopify.com/shopify-marketing_assets/static/shopify-favicon.png"

Thanks for posting this! Just a note: The code in the instructions is missing the second quote mark, resulting in invalid javascript.

It works. Thanks!

Love it!
Hint: if you use the script manager, you can set this up for all pages in one go - per domain!

My favicon image is transparent but doesn’t show up as transparent when I load the site. Anyone know how to fix this?