What's your all-time favourite Marketing campaign?

• 21 October 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
  • Former Community Manager @ Unbounce
  • 831 replies

I just love this conversation to hear what inspires marketers. I was (am) a huge fan of Mad Men and I loved watching the ideation that went on behind the scenes of coming up with timeless campaigns.

This is my personal favourite:

I love that they leveraged whichever celebrities or athletes were popular that year ensured that this would be a timeless ad.

I’d love to hear what the @Unbounce-Experts, @NickPetersen, @Rory_Johnston, @Meghan_Cooney, @Kristina_Waters, @Stela, @Tim_Besecker have to add here. 🙂

8 replies

Ooooh, I’ll bite.

My favourite is actually the Love Has No Labels campaign which won the first Emmy for a Public Service Announcement. So good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How about the worst?

Ikea is always killing it. One of my favorites:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Stefano worst is great! At my old agency we use to run a “Bad Marketing” post monthly that showcased really bad ads from any time period, industry, country.

@Jess I don’t know if it is my fave of all time but I really love “to ship my pants” 🙂

Hahaha… such a great commercial, kind of surprised it came from K-Mart.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Could you argue that a bad marketing campaign can end up being more memorable than a good one? I’ll never forget Spence Diamonds because of how irritated I was every time I heard one of their ads on the radio. That might be too local for anyone to know what I’m talking about… I can’t even find an example of their ads on Youtube. But trust me, if you’re from Vancouver, you KNOW the Spence Diamonds ads!

For me, I am much interested in email marketing campaign. And of course I got huge success by doing this. And for email marketing campaign run up I use free email marketing software like mailchamp.

Badge +1

A very interesting thread that I would like to bring back on top 😃
There are undoubtedly many great ads out there… but for me, this one takes the crown.
It says so much in so less words… and banks on the historical branding of Marlboro man with his horse.

Got to be Dollar Shave club commercial - low budget huge impact! Amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUG9qYTJMsI