• 18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
  • Former Community Manager @ Unbounce
  • 831 replies

Hi folks!

@Jess here with some exciting news from Unbounce HQ! :spinbounce:

I’ll keep this brief…

Today, we’re releasing over 800 Google Fonts to use in the Unbounce builder!

With this update, you can pick the perfect font for your brand right from Unbounce and say ✌️ to workarounds and coding. Plus, Google Fonts are open source so they’re free to use.

It’s too easy - take a look! 👇

Google fonts have come up in discussions throughout the community (here, here, here, and here to name a few), and we took that feedback and passed it along to our Product team. So in the future, if you ever find yourself wondering whether or not it’s a good idea to request feature updates, let it be known that your feedback counts!

Have any questions? Check out the Unbounce Documentations or hit Reply on this thread!

18 replies

Folks! This is YUUUGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. This is a huge announcement and an incredible feature. I have been using the beta and it has been a major time saver.

Kudos to the team especially @Jordana and all the folks that put in hours to bring this to the builder. I’m a big fan to say the least!

Joe

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wow! What a way to start the week! Awesome update! Thanks Unbounce. 🙂

Awesome!!! Been waiting for this for so long.

Folks, here are my top 2 go-to design resources for Google font pairings:

This one is obviously more beautiful, uses the best or the best, and the designer did a great job.

This piece is of every font to pair. Not designed as well, but if you have the specific font you want paired it’s a beast of a site.

Enjoy!

@Joe_Savitch @Nicholas @DarrenDavis glad you guys are enjoying the new feature! Do let us know if you have any feedback on it. I’m super happy that this is finally in your hands to test and use 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Woot woot!

Fabulous news!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wooooo!

I was lucky to be on the beta here and literally had to bug @Jordana daily to get this activated on our new clients.

Probably one of my favorite recent builder updates 😃

@Justin: “How do we get Google fonts enabled on this client?”
@Stefano: “Oh, you have to ping Jordana.”

☝️ Literally our conversation last week during the @Unbounce-Experts offsite. 😛

Also, I love, love, love this update. Thanks for all your hard work @Jordana and @Denise_Villanueva!

Yay! Glad you’re liking it so far @Stefano!! Let us know if you have any feedback!

Haha he knows more than you! You are very welcome : )

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Only feedback I have so far >>> 💓

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I can’t see this updated yet? 😳 Do I need to do something … ?

I was using the new Google Fonts feature about an hour ago and now it seems to have disappeared.

Awesome news! ✨

I would assume that this feature also solves the issue of shifted/wonky on-page elements that some were experiencing when importing Google fonts manually (assuming the font that was being imported is among those that you added to the builder)? Still cool if not, even better if so!

Great question! This launch should fix those wonky errors that you’re referring to. Let us know if it doesn’t for some reason. 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello !

I’m having trouble with a Google font on my latest projet.

I need to use “TAJAWAL” which is part of google fonts but strangely i can’t find it on the Google Fonts implementation.
here is a link https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Tajawal

So i tried the old way, adding a CSS with the @import code given by google.
it’s working for most of the text but i’m stuck with the Buttons… as there is no way to “view code” and change manually the font-family.

So, can you update the listing of the google fonts ? or is there a hidden feature that would allow me to add custom fonts to a button ?

thanks in advance !

EDIT: i found this thread to customize button with CSS : Customizing button with CSS
It would still be cool if you could integrate all the google fonts 🙂

Wow… Really awesome update! Thank you so much, Unbounce!

It is a great feature but the the Google fonts only display on Macs for me, they revert to ugly serif fonts in IE!

Am I missing a step somewhere?