Code to get form data as XML

• 5 December 2016
  • 7 replies

Hey

I am trying to pass data as XML from the unbounce form to a third party CRM.

I am getting correct response from the CRM but not sure how to use the data from the form in my code. How do I retrieve the data from to form as XML fields in the code?

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Avi_Theret,

The Unbounce webhook does send the data in XML format in addition to JSON.

Here you can find a bit more documentation about the webhook feature.

Maybe your 3rd party CRM expects the data in a particular oder/format or maybe needs some kind of authentication to process it?

My company has developed over 40 custom integrations for Unbounce so feel free to PM me with a bit more details.

Best,
Hristian

Hey Hristian,

Thanks for your quick reply 😉

I really only need help with the correct way of passing the data to the code I have written which is working when I manually add the XML fields (see attached).

The rest is working fine.

Ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You seem to be on the right path.

You just need to list out and map your Unbounce fields to the corresponding XML fields.

Something like this:

(this is just an example from another script I worked on so you need to adjust it based on your page and XML feed).

Best,
Hristian

Thanks again 😉

Followed your code. I’m getting a code 4 ‘No input was received.’ result.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Avi_Theret based on a quick look… in your curl you are looking for “xml” when actually you should be looking for “xmlcontent”.

Hey Hristian,

I have changed to ‘$xmlcontent’ and also added content type text/xml.

Now getting a different error. Although the http request gets a 200 response it doesn’t receive the data… (see attached).

Getting confused now 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Avi_Theret,

There are too many moving parts here for me to be able to troubleshoot it from a few screenshots.

PM me the landing page URL, the full script and also the documentation for this service.

Best,
Hristian