"Bring to front" or "Send to back" buttons like in InDesign

• 12 May 2015
  • 4 replies

I’ve noticed on here that I’m not the only person to have experienced erratic issues with the “Send to back” and “Bring to front” buttons not working.

Would it be possible to create “Bring to front” & “Send to back” buttons like in programs like InDesign which send elements either all the way forward or back? These would augment the existing buttons, which, for consistency with such programs, could be renamed “Bring forward” and “Send backward”.

4 replies

Check that objects don _t move from one section to another .

Hi Andrew - This is a great idea. 

Currently the tools we have only allows you to move the element forward or backward one click at a time, which we already called it as “Bring forward” and “Send Backward”. Although you’re right that the buttons somehow doesn’t change the element’s order as you click on them. I’ll make sure to let our dev team knows about this.

As a designer my self I do agree that having a “Bring to front” and “Send to back” would be really helpful to speed up my process on creating pages in unbounce, or maybe to make it clearer to the user we could call it “Bring to top” and “Send to bottom” instead.

I’ll be sure to update this thread when I have more info on these tools.

Thanks again Andrew
-Vivi

Hello!
I’m also having some trouble with bringing a form to the front (on top of an image) and can’t find the Bring to front/Send to back button. Could you please point out where to find these? 

Thanks, 
Raluca 

Just want to add support for this request and concur that send backward/forward doesn’t seem to work consistently - would be nice in latter case if there were some confirmation that a move has occurred even if image has not changed, at least to indicate that item has changed layers. The “grey out” feature seems erratic at best.