Announcing the launch of Script Manager into Labs

Userlevel 3

UPDATE: Script manager is now out of labs! Check out the post below for the full details

Hi everyone!

We’re happy to announce we’ve opened up Script Manager to all our customers as a Labs feature.

Script Manager allows you to apply scripts (like Google Analytics, or Google Tag Manager) to all pages under a domain all at once. This is a huge time saver for those who maintain the same scripts on several pages.

For detailed instructions on how to enable and use Script Manager, check out the link below.

http://support.unbounce.com/entries/5…

As this feature is still in ‘labs’, you may run into a few bugs. Please refer to the page below for the most up to date list of currently known issues. If you find anything unlisted let us know!

http://support.unbounce.com/entries/5…

Enjoy! Do share your thoughts and feedback, we’d love to hear it!

18 replies

How do I migrate existing scripts? I only have 59 pages and use Google Tag Manager, but I don’t know how to migrate without either duplicate scripts or a lapse in time when the script is not on pages.

It would be cool if you could insert the script into the page than edit it for that page only.

For example, currently, you can’t differentiate different variants in google analytics unless you change the code a bit for each.

This is a great feature. Are you considering doing something similar with on-page content, where users could create shared page sections like headers, contact forms etc that they could add to multiple pages? Something like a “custom elements” library.

Hey Steph,
Every page actually has a few javascript variables on it that hold the value for that variant’s letter (eg. “B”) as well as the page id and page name. If you wanted to use a script in Script Manager that would still reference each variant specifically, you could use the javascript variable:

window.ub.page.variantId

which would output the letter of the variant your visitor saw. Does that make sense? What does your current Google Analytics code look like where you’re differentiating between variants?

Absolutely! After Mobile Responsive (which we’re launching in a couple weeks) this is our most requested feature for the Page Builder.

Thanks for the reply Carter,

My script looks like this

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i[‘GoogleAnalyticsObject’]=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,‘script’,’//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js…’);

ga(‘create’, ‘UA-XXXXXXXX-X’, ‘website.com’);
ga(‘require’, ‘displayfeatures’);
ga(‘send’, ‘pageview’,‘WebsiteName - VarA’);

I guess I’d change the last line would be

ga(‘send’, window.ub.page.variantId);

or is that wrong?

#">

">

[html]#">
[/html]

#">

Userlevel 3

Hey Steph

Take a look at the link below on what needs to be adjusted in your GA script to auto track all variants:

https://gist.github.com/jmso01/0537dd…

Once you make that change you should be able to use it in Script manager 🙂

Awesome! Works great!

Userlevel 2

The best way to migrate scripts to Script Manager is to go through each page and remove the script from the page, before adding it to Script Manager.

If you are concerned about not tracking pageviews or conversions (or tracking double) in the interim period between removing the script from a page and re-adding it to Script Manager, we’d recommend deleting the script on all your pages, but not republishing them yet. Then, once the script is gone from all your pages, you can add the script to Script Manager and then go through and quickly republish the pages, which should cut down this period of time significantly.

I understand that this isn’t too convenient with 59 pages. However, it’s a one-time process that’s necessary before you can get the benefits of Script Manager. It’s similar to the process you’d have to go through to use Google Tag Manager: https://developers.google.com/tag-man…

Thanks!

Just used this functionality to publish new Analytics scripts to 23 landing pages in about 30 seconds flat. Bloomin marvelous 🙂

Userlevel 3

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for the feedback, we’ve now pushed Script Manager out of labs and into production.

If you have any other feedback or suggestions leave them over in the post below:

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could use variable class names / id’s based on pages but using one script?